Innovate Motorsport LM-2 on S80 Pro

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Gigievo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 65

Innovate Motorsport LM-2 on S80 Pro

Post by Gigievo »

Hello again...

Here a new question....

I've a S80 PRO and I have a trouble with the lambda setting.

In the past I had a test and all seemed to be ok.

Now I started to work on ecu setting......

I connected my Innovate Motorsport LM2 output to the ecu and I changed the setting on DTASwin.

The strange thing is that immediately after the change, the value I read on Innovate is the same I can see on attached table (all seems to be right).

When I push "F4" button to send data to the ecu, value goes to the first row and on real time display I have a lambda value of 0,52.

Does somebody have had the same problem?

I don't understand why......

Thank you for your help
Attachments
dta.JPG
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Innovate Motorsport LM-2 on S80 Pro

Post by stevieturbo »

Not really following the question.

But you need to calibrate either the DTA to your Innovate's output.

Or Innovate's output to your DTA.

Either way is the same end result. So what is the voltage/AFR output of the LM2 at present ? If you do not know this, you'll never get it right.
Roverdose
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

innovate normally have 2 output, are you connecting the ecu to the correct one?

where do you have the earth from the wideband going to?

if you do start that up, id change the % fuel it can adjust, you have 50/40% add/reduce, that will be all over the place.

Drew
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Yeh as the other guys have said the inovate has 2 outputs both of which are configurable. If you plan on using the 5v scale in the screen dump this must match what the Inovate is outputting. It does sound like you have used the output that mimics a 1v narrow band lanbda, generally at lambda 1 they will output about 0.8v this will give you a DTA reading of about 0.6 lambda as you describe, or close enough.
Gigievo

Post by Gigievo »

Hello everybody, thank you for your answers!

I had some other tests...
First trouble was that from Innovate I had a wrong information about connections.
When I bought my LM-2, I didn't know I could need an analog cable and now to have it I should pay expansive shipping cost related to its price (and a long waiting time).
They told me that pins 5 and 12 (Output 1) were counted as shown on picture1.
I think it is wrong, after a verify with a multimeter, setting a scale from 0 to 5 V, it seems that correct values are from picture2 connection.

Now, the second trouble could be the ground.....
If I connect the only multimeter as shown in picture2, I read values that could be ok if compared to "GRAPH", but just I connect the Output 1 to the ECU, they change a lot.
I adopted the 2 option on "WIRING" picture, because DTA's lambda input is connected to gnd sensors (picture DTA).
For a very short time (I was afraid to damage my ecu), I tried to connect this ground to the vehicle ground and values seem to be more correct (about 3 points near Innovate display AFR).
Is this connection correct or I risk to damage something?
Is it normal that I need to modify values on lambda mV in DTASwin?
Do I have to simulate every carburation condition to create a custom setting?

Thank you for your support

Luigi
Attachments
GRAPH.JPG
picture2.JPG
picture1.jpg
Last edited by Gigievo on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gigievo

Post by Gigievo »

The other three images...
Attachments
lambda mV.JPG
DTA.JPG
WIRING.JPG
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Output 5 to DTA sensor ground
Output 12 to DTA pin 19 Lambda Signal

ie. Method 2 as shown above.

What you are doing with the sensor scaling is correct. As is the DTA scaling.

However, sometimes there are small voltage variations. So you may need to adjust one so the AFR reads correct on the DTA, even if the voltage scaling isnt quite correct.
This shouldnt happen, but it just does with Innovate's stuff sometimes.

However.

As you would never need to see an AFR as rich as 7.35, or as lean as 22...

I would reduce that scale to say 9.0:1 to 16.0:1 for 0v to 5v

It just means that any small voltage variations or offsets will have a smaller impact on displayed AFR's
Gigievo

Post by Gigievo »

You got me a good advice about narrowing AFR range (9-16), I did it but I still have my trouble....

In 809 picture, I built an Excel table of a linear sensor (0-5000 mV and 9-16 AFR).
I set Innovate to same values and I put Excel values on DTA.
At 12,5 AFR I should have an output of about 2500 mV. With a multimeter connected it is near correct (2800 mV), DTA reads 4737 mV.
I tried to set DTA 4737 mV at 12,5 AFR and adeguate approximately the rest of the scale but after that, at every AFR change (also 10 AFR) DTA output isn't less than 12.
To exclude a wrong Innovate connection, in 817 picture the response of the multimeter (1088 mV) at 10,8 AFR (the Excel table says 10,8 @ 1316 mV) is good, with a little approximation.
Other test at AFR 18,3 (with engine turned off), multimeter at full range (even 6 V) on 819 picture.

Every condition is shown on DTA about 4700 mV.

I don't know what I have to do.....

If there is no solution, as ultimate chance, what AFR meter could I buy to have a good interfacing to DTA?
Attachments
WP_000809.jpg
WP_000817.jpg
WP_000819.jpg
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

You have it wired wrong somehow. Check exactly how you have the 2 wires connected to the DTA.

For testing voltage offsets. It's handy to flatline the Innovate's output.

ie set both AFR's to the same voltage. Worth doing at two different voltages you intent to use.
say 0.5v, 3v, whatever. Then view this in DTA and ensure the two match. If they do not, take account of this when setting the AFR scaling on the DTA.

But if you are seeing a fixed 4700mv on the DTA, you have done something wrong.
Gigievo

Post by Gigievo »

Ok, I will try using two flatlines, one at 0V and 9-16 AFR and the other at 5V and 9-16 AFR.

However on Innovate output there is a change.... In 817 picture, at 10,8 AFR I have 1880 mV and in 819 picture at 18,3 AFR I have 6120 mV (full scale is at 16 AFR). It seems to work....
When I connect the output to the ECU, value goes to 4700 mV.
About wiring, I think it's right. Without any input ECU tells 0 mV, connecting Innovate to it, it goes to 4700 mV. There are two wires only, I think they are correctly connected.
Is it possible that internal resistance of DTA isn't compatible with my LM-2? Why connecting multimeter only, all seems to work?
Could I damaged ECU input when, for a bit of time, connected gnd sensors to vehicle gnd?
What do you think if I try to connect as ECU input an AA 1,5V battery and see if DTA give me this value?