Speedo in "Real Time Info"

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Striker
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Speedo in "Real Time Info"

Post by Striker »

I'm running a Race Technology Dash 2 via CAN from my S40 and I've confirmed a speedo signal from the S40 using the RT "Lite Monitor"

My question is how to calibrate the Speedo in the S40 in the first place - is it done in the " Launch Control" settings where it asks for "undriven wheel pulses per rotation" and then "Undriven wheel distance per rotation" ?

I believe I'll have to ask the question on the RT forum whether the output will be directly compatible with the Dash 2 or whether it needs scaling

Thanks in advance, Rich ;)
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Speedo in "Real Time Info"

Post by Rob Stevens »

yes, in launch control settings, you may have to have the launch active for it to work? Best of luck with the RT interface, some here have has a real bother, I use a DL1 with an interface to my dta p8 but frustratingly it doesn't send the speed over, but I send all 4 wheel speeds anyway direct.
Striker

Post by Striker »

Thanks for the quick reply Rob 8-)

No - it's certainly not straightforward. Had a few issues myself but this is the last one :D

Thanks again ;)
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Pretty sure the speedo is calibrated in Traction control settings. At least it is on my S80.

I gave up with the RT CAN interface. IMO it just would not work at all either with the dash or Lite Monitor, and RT were no assistance whatsoever.
K567

Post by K567 »

turns out its actually really straight forward, just needed a different canbus config to send the undriven wheel speed info on the gps signal channel