Nissan VQ37VHR with DTA?

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
RaceCommo
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Nissan VQ37VHR with DTA?

Post by RaceCommo »

Anyone done it yet? I have DTA S80 and I'm planning to mount VQ37VHR (370Z) engine to my project car. Is this possible? Any problems that I should be aware?

VQ37VHR engine has 2 electrical throttebodies and some sort of variable valve timing
MSEL
Firmware Version: 78

Re: Nissan VQ37VHR with DTA?

Post by MSEL »

I believe you can only do a single DBW throttle body with the DTA - can someone confirm this?

Also, how many variable cam shafts are you wanting to run? If it is 4, then you should be looking at the S100.
RaceCommo

Post by RaceCommo »

MSEL wrote:I believe you can only do a single DBW throttle body with the DTA - can someone confirm this?

Also, how many variable cam shafts are you wanting to run? If it is 4, then you should be looking at the S100.
And when I read more about this engine, I see that it's not that easy.

http://www.the370z.com/engine-drivetrai ... alves.html

Throttlebodies are for traction and idle control. Cam controls holds about everything else.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

I think Haltech offer a plug in unit for the 350z ? Is it the same as the 370z ?

If you're just using the engine as a conversion...why not just bin the DBW and fit mechanical throttles ?
RaceCommo

Post by RaceCommo »

stevieturbo wrote:I think Haltech offer a plug in unit for the 350z ? Is it the same as the 370z ?

If you're just using the engine as a conversion...why not just bin the DBW and fit mechanical throttles ?
350z is vq35de or vq35hr for late models, but no, it's not same. vq35 is much more simple.

It's possible that I have to do major modifications if going with this engine. But I want to know what are my options.
MSEL
Firmware Version: 78

Post by MSEL »

It's possible that I have to do major modifications if going with this engine. But I want to know what are my options.[/quote]

I would be looking at Life Racing with their F88 ECU. It can support dual DBW with no external boxes as well as variable cam control. Also has built in dual wide band lambda support.

The also have a lot of experience with the Nissan engine family going back to the World Series by Renault days and also with the new GP3 engine project.

Motec don't have anything off the shelf and the price is prohibitive by the time you purchase one of the DBW4 modules. My personal experiences with Pectel have not been great so I cannot recommend them.
VR6Turbo
Firmware Version: 62

Post by VR6Turbo »

They are just down the road from me and I've never heard of Life Racing.

I bet they're not cheap and it's all suspiciously Pectel looking to me.

The motor industry is very insestuous.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Life Racing have been around for a good while, and are more top end stuff.

They also make the Syvecs units which are quite similar, albeit the Syvecs are a cheaper version. Still not budget by any means though

What about Adaptronic ? Their e1280s looks to be pretty hot. I just cant figure out the software lol