v62 & Traction Control

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Kev
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 53

v62 & Traction Control

Post by Kev »

Anone had problem with TC on v62/v63 after upgrading. Noticed last time out I had no TC but wheel slip was being logged well in excess of 'target slip'. All worked OK previously but have upgraded to v63 for other reasons, looking at settings I see 'Maximum Ignition Cut Percentage (10-100%)' is set to 0. Looks like maybe this is a new setting in V62 that is just defaulting badly?

Kev
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: v62 & Traction Control

Post by stevieturbo »

If you upgrade the firmware and there are new options, you will need to enter values if you make any changes in that section.
So they could well appear at zero or beyond the normal range until you fill them in.

I'm on V63.01 and all is well.

Only one issue I get in some logs, is it will record -63% wheel slip...although I think it only happens when it is set to wet. TCS does still seem to work though, so it may just be a logging anomoly.
Kev
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 53

Post by Kev »

I did make a change the agression after the upgrade but didn't think to check for a new setting so probably the cause.

Any ideas on what to set to, maybe start low and move upwards until it's too much?. I like being able to tune these things but a bit of guidance in the manual would really help sometimes :roll:

Currently run 8% slip (tuned to driver preference) & 80% agression, agression is currently too harsh so had pushed that out to 90% to see what the impact was, running turbo hayabusa.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I ended up fitting the pot on Ana1 so I could make easy adjustments to the aggression, although to be honest I havent experimented that much.

Target slip 10%
Excess slip 15%

Aggression via the pot set to 20% ( I think, would need to plug the car in to check, but I think it was around there )
Max ign cut 20%

It doesnt feel too bad at that, but as I say, I need to do more messing with the aggression. I just dont like actually driving it in such a manner as to activate the TCS if possible. Sort of as you say, it does feel quite aggressive regardless of settings. Which I guess is unavoidable when it's trying to achieve a major power reduction.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Steve, your settings are odd. The target slip actually isn't a target! It's the amount of slip allowed before the system is activated, try more like 6%
The 2nd setting of 15% is extremal aggressive, in your settings 10% and 15% gives 5% area to graduate 0 to 100% spark cut, I cant see it doing any thing other than stuttering up the road! Try more like 50% exsess slip and max ign cut of 80%
With your setting of 20% you engine will just keep wheel spinning, that setting is there to try and stop the wet Bang - gap - Bang that tends to brake transmission and drive dogs.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Yea, it does stutter actually lol.

But as Ive mentioned before. I have an extreme power vs traction problem. At higher speeds, the TCS is very slow to react, if it even reacts at all. So giving it an even bigger tolerance before anything happens just means nothing will happen ?

Ideally there needs to be a slip vs roadspeed map so you can reduce the slip target as speed increases.

The ign cut is a new setting for V63 I think, so I really havent played with that at all. I just stuck a number in there.

Should hopefully have new supercharger belts tomorrow, so will be able to get back out in the car.