New Install

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Antral

Re: New Install

Post by Antral »

Correct not amplified :)

Pin 1 coil 1
Pin 2 coil 2
Pin 3 12v
Pin 4 not used
Should be ideal. :D
paulw

Post by paulw »

Slowly getting there and going for mapping on Tuesday next week.

Engine is much happier in "batch firing" so I'll leave it like that. All sensors are working and doing what they are supposed to be doing. No more coil driver temp warnings now after lowering "coil on time".

Starts very well but doesn't like it when its up to temp, but i that's probably down to the mapping or lack of it ;) .

Slight issue with the throttle dancing about slightly. In the real time mapping screen throttle jumps about at idle from 0 to 10% so the revs pick up from approx 1050rpm to 1350rpm. I'm going to calibrate the TPS again tomorrow and re do the throttle stops. Anything else i could try?

Paul
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

You need to find out if there is a wiring problem, or interference problem with the TPS

That's a huge jump and the engine cannot be run like that, as accel enrichments will be dumping fuel in like mad.

Does it only fluctuate it at closed throttle, or at any opening ? Does it do it with the engine off ?
paulw

Post by paulw »

I went for the second mapping session today. 1st session was good but found a few problem so i went away and fixed them. The cold start valve was playing up and letting air in when engine was hot causing issues. I took the valve off and made a plate to go over it to blank it off. I'm just missing a cold start map now as it obviously wasn't possible to do this as the engine was had already warmed up :D

The only issue we had strange happenings with the fan relay. When the engine comes up to temperature the fan kicks in at 85 deg as its set in the ECU. Occasionally while mapping the temperature would hit 95 deg at this temp the fan relay would turn the fan off? We tried a few relays but the same happened.

I could imagine this problem might only happen on the rolling road. Even with a huge fan at the front of the car on the rolling road its still no replacement for cold air when your on the road. I wouldn't like to risk it though

Any idea's on the relay problems?

Paul
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Location of the car has no baring on how the ecu output for the fan relay operates. it should come on at the preset temperature, and go off at the preset temperature.
Wiring must be correct, as must both values in the settings.

And if the rolling road does not have adequate fans, find somewhere with a better setup. You should have no issues with cooling at a decent set of rollers.
paulw

Post by paulw »

stevieturbo wrote:Location of the car has no baring on how the ecu output for the fan relay operates. it should come on at the preset temperature, and go off at the preset temperature.
Wiring must be correct, as must both values in the settings.

And if the rolling road does not have adequate fans, find somewhere with a better setup. You should have no issues with cooling at a decent set of rollers.
Its funny because while typing i thought you would chip in with that comment ;)

Have you got anything constructive to offer about the fan relay issue? :roll:

Paul
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

paulw wrote:
Have you got anything constructive to offer about the fan relay issue? :roll:

Paul
I already did.

Check settings for both turn on and off, and check wiring. I can see no circumstances where what you are describing could possibly occur, other than incorrect wiring, settings or a faulty ecu.

And a faulty ecu is the least likely option.

And that is a simple fact, if the rollers cannot provide adequate airflow to keep things cool, it is a dangerous place to be running your car under load. That isnt chipping in anything, that's giving you advise on how not to destroy your engine.
Roverdose
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

there is turn on and off settings for the fans. you want turn off to be 120dgr. the fan will turn itself off once it gets under 85dgr. +/- the fan hysterisis. this can also be set in the S series.

what temp is your thermostat? having the fan turn on at 85 seems a little low tbh.

Drew
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Mmm just looked at the software. There is only a turn on, the hysterisis controls the turn off.

What are these set at, and do you have it wired to the correct output ?
Roverdose
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

interesting i see that, i have a second fan on aux4, that has a turn off!

Drew