frequency multiplier

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

frequency multiplier

Post by lumley32 »

right, i have been using aux3 to drive a digital speedo to read water temp, so set up a table with water temp and output a square wave with varying frequency to emulate wheel speed, works great...

went to do the same with a different speedo and find out that they had more teeth on the wheel so i need a higher frequency, hear i run into the limits of the DTA (500hz)

im going to ring Alan in the morning to see if we can increase the upper limits (motec will happley do 5Khz so dont see why not) but this got me thinking, is there any easy way to just double up a square wave? i have seen IC's that will do this but they only go down to about 1Khz so no use for me! anone got any ideas?
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: frequency multiplier

Post by stevieturbo »

lumley32

Post by lumley32 »

that might well do it, i will just ring them to see if it will increase the frequency, the description is very badly worded!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

It will adjust the number of pulses by +/- 100%, so surely it would have to increase the frequency ?
mgouldstone
Firmware Version: 62

Post by mgouldstone »

http://jbperf.com/pwm_converter/index.html

This looks like it will do the trick.
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

I have used the speedo corrector, works well but depends how much more range you need. I have see the jbperf one before, looks like it would do the trick.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
lumley32

Post by lumley32 »

http://jbperf.com/pwm_converter/index.html

This looks like it will do the trick.
that looks more like the thing!

Steve, to me that could be read 2 ways, 0 - 99% is only a reduction if i was trying to explane a + or - 100% then i would say 0 - 200%

any way im waiting for the email but am more likely to go for the second one, just because of size!