LCD dash display

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

LCD dash display

Post by mefmotorsport »

There was someone who was making and selling a small LCD dash display on here (or was it the old forum, NScirrocco ??)

Cant seem to find anything relating to it

Martin
86sixsix
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: http://www.dtafast.co.uk
Firmware Version: 78.01

Re: LCD dash display

Post by 86sixsix »

it was MarcoV6T, a Belgian dude - top notch (i have his details still (and run his dash haha)) - there was someone else on this new one doing an even smaller a week ago one but i forget his username...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=291 is 'new guy' dinky even smaller one apparently
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

OK, thanks, so where is MacosV6t now, is he a member of this new forum and is he still making the dash module?

I have just searched and see he is a member on here!

Martin
86sixsix

Post by 86sixsix »

nicely nicely. he did the last one in batches but maybe with your monster elastic trickery skills i bet you a pound to a penny you could make one off plan... if someday soon i could tap a certain someone up for fabbing a bracket for a rear wheel speed (hint hint...pm coming soon-ish for cash in pocket job?) i'd bin my proper dash and keep the odo in the glovebox for the mot man)...
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

Well actually it was another forum member who was enquiring about such a device, I dont know if he was after buying something or making his own. Sometimes it's just not cost effective re-inventing the wheel! If someones already gone down that route and made something that works then whats the point in spending all that time and effort re-producing something similar.

Yes, I can make a bracket for you, just give me a ring and we'll sort something out!

Martin
86sixsix

Post by 86sixsix »

i had to take the back off've mine and have a look at the crinkle cut chips inside (that's my bit of electrickery i like - real small :-)) - there wasn't a lot going on but i bet the software was a real ****. i'm waiting to see what this new guy's turns out like.

will do. thanks martin. :-)
MarcoV6T
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 58

Post by MarcoV6T »

mefmotorsport wrote:OK, thanks, so where is MacosV6t now, is he a member of this new forum and is he still making the dash module?

I have just searched and see he is a member on here!

Martin
Hi Martin,
Yes I’m still here, but not as much as I used to.
I’ve still two or three dashes left, but I don’t have any cases left for them(I screwed them up when machining the holes).

If you(or your customer) are willing to make your own housing I can sell them at a lowered price.

A few details;
- Runs on all DTA systems, E48(any version)-P8PRO-S40->S100.
- 128x64 pixel OLED graphic mono color display.
- 8 + 2 high brightness led’s, fully programmable to display any channel or alarm.
- 1 x 2A relay output, 1 x 0,5A digital output, 4 x 0-5V analog input.
- Two push buttons and one rotary encoder, for switching between screens, channels, start-stop logging and to setup the display(menu).
- 8MByte flash memory, used for logging and to up- and download different maps.
- Auto detects which DTA system is connected.
- Can log, display or trigger an alarm on any channel available from the DTA(+/-48 channels with the present firmware, depending on which DTA system), it is thus not limited to the standard streamed channels only.
- 8 fully programmable alarms, can also trigger depending on two different channels, say only trigger within a specific rpm window and only if, for example, the AFR is too high, to low or both. You can program any combination of channels, output it to the relay, DOUT, display or led’s, or a combination of two for that same alarm.
- Selectable units(PSI,BAR,KPA,°C,°F, Lambda, AFR, etc).
- Can display/reset the PIN code.
- Displays map info, hardware info.
- Can up-download a total of 8 different maps from different DTA systems(E48-P8PRO-S) on the same display, takes about 4-5 seconds on the S- series, to switch maps.
- Build-in USB to RS232 bridge, which allows you to simply let the dash connected to the DTA, and connect to the PC with a USB cable, and run DTA(S)win. This is also useful when the DTA is not easily accessible to connect the linking cable to the PC.
- Mass storage disk function, to upload the saved logs on a PC.

I’m surely forgetting a few things, but that’s about it.

Cheers,
Marco.
type49
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 48

Post by type49 »

Marco I have one of the first batch but I think I seen on here, that the later one will do a dta type log graph
did I miss a firmware update or will the early version not do this
thanks bob
MarcoV6T
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 58

Post by MarcoV6T »

Bob,
it also works on the first versions, send me a pm with you email address, and I'll send you the latest firmware.
86sixsix

Post by 86sixsix »

soon as i see you martin - i'll show you marco's all going. there's vids of it on the youtube in my sig on posts.

i am fully up and running now marco - all mounted up. no issues at all now - even on the silly s40 ha ha. 100% solid.

up and down shift lights, stall and overspeed warnings, lambda failure - custom screens - tonnes of stuff all set up!

now you are here marco - can martin add a flash button to the display cable for me - are all the wires the same as normal for when in rs232 mode? save me messing and wear and tear on things switching cables out etc etc