DTA T2 Airshifter Wiring

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
jobrookes46
ECU Model: No ECU
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 73.01

DTA T2 Airshifter Wiring

Post by jobrookes46 »

Have a DTA T2 and currently wiring in the electric over air shifter. Question is do I need a relay or do I simply wire into the return side of the shifter button for the shift kill.
stevieturbo

Re: DTA T2 Airshifter Wiring

Post by stevieturbo »

Explain better what you're doing.

Is this a control for an output you're talking about ? Or is it an ecu input ?
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

The shift switch needs to be between Pin 11 (Digital #1) and Sensor Grnd - Pin #28 or #29. Grounding the switch activates a shift cut (however you have it set up). Note it can't be chassis or engine or DTA Power ground - only Sensor grnd. So if this a bike? and you are using something like the MRE elec over air your activation switch needs to be dual sided momentary - one side to shift kill / DTA and other side to shift solenoid.
Last edited by katana on Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

katana wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:31 pm The shift switch needs to be between Pin 11 (Digital #1) and Sensor Grnd - Pin #28 or #29. Gounding the switch activates a shift cut (however you have it set up. Note it can't be chassis or engine or DTA Power ground - only Sensor grnd. So if this a bike? and you are using something like the MRE elec over air your activation switch needs to be dual sided momentary - one side to shift kill / DTA and other side to shift solenoid.
Why use a double sided switch?
The ECU can fire the solenoid using a PWM.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

If the airshifter is the kit I elluded to, its pretty old (reliable) tech that relies on grounding of solenoid. I don't know how 'electrically noisy' the shifter circuit is / would be, so my thought is just isolate each other whilst keeping simplicity! Its an odd question really as the MRE kit has an integrated switch on the solenoid to function as shift kill !
jobrookes46
Firmware Version: 73.01

Post by jobrookes46 »

Thanks for the replies. Yes it is an MRE. My preference to wire via the ECU is for the additional config capabilities.

Thanks Alex for reviewing my wiring diagram - works perfect!