AEM Wideband into S40 Pro

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Liam
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: MEF Motorsport
Firmware Version: 79.06

AEM Wideband into S40 Pro

Post by Liam »

Hi all,

I have an S40 Pro and an AEM X-Series UEGO AFR sensor controller gauge (30-0300). I wish to wire the AEM into the ECU for reference.

There is a 2 pin connector on my DTA engine loom for the wideband and I'm told that pin 1 is signal and pin 2 is sensor ground. Looking at the AEM wiring diagram (please see attached), it looks like the brown wire is the sensor ground so I'm assuming that needs to go to pin 2 on my connector, but which AEM wire is the signal I need to wire to pin 1?

Would also appreciate any advice on which lambda parameters to set in the software to make this work (the AEM uses a Bosch 4.9LSU sensor if that helps).

Many thanks
Attachments
aem.jpg
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Re: AEM Wideband into S40 Pro

Post by katana »

White - 0-5v Analog Input.
Liam
Distributor: MEF Motorsport
Firmware Version: 79.06

Post by Liam »

katana wrote:White - 0-5v Analog Input.
Easy as that, thanks very much. :)

I'm assuming "4 wire Bosch" is the correct voltage scale in the software? Or is it just a case of trial and error until the ECU and gauge are reading in sync?

Thanks again
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Liam wrote: I'm assuming "4 wire Bosch" is the correct voltage scale in the software? Or is it just a case of trial and error until the ECU and gauge are reading in sync?

Thanks again
No. You'll need to find the output from the AEM and fill that in on the Lambda Parameters page.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Liam wrote:
katana wrote:White - 0-5v Analog Input.
Easy as that, thanks very much. :)

I'm assuming "4 wire Bosch" is the correct voltage scale in the software? Or is it just a case of trial and error until the ECU and gauge are reading in sync?

Thanks again
The '4 wire Bosch' isn't a wideband sensor in the truest sense - it was a more of a accurate narrow band with more scope either side. Early Motec's were about the only ECU's that natively understood its output & even then only for data logging purposes. All modern wideband sensors are 5 wire and need a controller.
Nige
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by Nige »

Make sure the Brown wire is connected to the ECU Sensor 0V. I didn`t at first and the ECU read differently to the gauge.

As soon as I wired them together the readings were identical.