65 beetle turbo

Document your project with images, pictures, etc., and share with others.
fast65

Re: 65 beetle turbo

Post by fast65 »

I'm hoping not it won't come alive till at least 5k but will go to 8k easy but it's drag only
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Is what you're doing a commonly used approach, or is it all a one off never been tried before ?

I know you're aiming for big power, but those header tubes look huge, and surely two turbos is a bit much ? They look like pretty big units already.
fast65

Post by fast65 »

It has been done before the trouble us beetle guys have is we need to pump about 1400hp worth of air to get 1000 those two turbos will have a little in reserve for the 1000 but not much :( most would do it with one big single turbo. The headers are 2" so just about right for what I need

Cheers andy
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I guess it's hard to say how it will respond, especially for a WOT drag only build. Spool is less of an issue, so the long pipe runs should be less of an issue.
I'd say definitely either wrap or coat the tubes to try and retain as much heat as possible in them.

it's a mad one for sure though !
fast65

Post by fast65 »

I will be wrapping them for sure I'm hoping when the car and myself are dialled in I will launching at 2 bar so should be spooled up lol
fast65

Post by fast65 »

Header MKII ::)

I'm much happier with this one now I've also matched the cylinders :)

Cheers andy
fast65

Post by fast65 »

Little bit done today

Fitted the sensor bosses EGT and AFR for each cylinder the AFR bosses are well thought out with cooling fins and spaced so the sensor is just in the exhaust flow. The AFR is back pressure compensated to help make the readings a bit more accurate. But to do this I will need to link both banks but not sure if that's going to give any issues I don't think it would be any problem as it would be just be like having one waste gate on a twin scroll turbo ?

And the exit

I'm thinking of making the wastegate screamer pipes I may make the exit were the peashooters should be lol

Cheers andy
fast65

Post by fast65 »

So a tiny bit more today been running about like an idiot but something has got pay for this lot lol

Induction coming soon :)

Cheers andy
fast65

Post by fast65 »

little bit more done this morning started to make new tie rods using m16 joints to man it up a bit

cheers andyo
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Are you making all the inserts etc yourself, or buying them ?

They look a lot beefier than most Ive seen