basemaps for 5cyl fiat coupe engine.

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
tav
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 31

basemaps for 5cyl fiat coupe engine.

Post by tav »

Hi all :)
My dta is S80pro.
I need as I said in the title... engine is now 175A3000
( from january will be same block but crank from 192 [2.4] and heads from same engine. Turbo is now gt3582r a/r0.63 , turbonectics racegate 42mm . Fueling is deka 630cc , gss340 and paxton a1000 )
...playing with my thoughts around the bygone and hereafter memories...
http://www.torquestats.com/modified/ind ... car_id=184
tav

Re: basemaps for 5cyl fiat coupe engine.

Post by tav »

NOBODY runs DTA for turbocharged 5cyl volvo, audi, fiat, vw ? I can't believe that.. All around the world is A LOT of audi driven by haltech,vems,motec,aem.. NONE by DTA?! ... Except few vr6 turbo, I see no really powerful cars here... just few sluggish n/a ... why nobody tried to run DTA for drag race (but NOT 12-13sec car :)) ..I mean a reasonable project) ?
No offence mate, but that is it what I seen ... :|
Wally
Firmware Version: 51

Post by Wally »

This runs DTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

You don't need a base map.

Just enter all the details for your engine and it will run, then get it mapped.

Wally
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

They might do, but you havent given any of the important information to help with a base map.

What crank and cam trigger ? what map sensor ? what coolant and air temp sensors ? What ignition setup ?

And of course, if you knew these things and knew how it was wired, you could build your own base map to get started.
tav wrote:Except few vr6 turbo, I see no really powerful cars here... just few sluggish n/a ... why nobody tried to run DTA for drag race (but NOT 12-13sec car :)) ..I mean a reasonable project) ?
And if you think that, you arent looking very hard. There are some very very fast vehicles, both 2 wheels and 4 using DTA. Much much faster than your car will ever be ;) No offence mate
tav

Post by tav »

stevieturbo wrote:They might do, but you havent given any of the important information to help with a base map.

What crank and cam trigger ? what map sensor ? what coolant and air temp sensors ? What ignition setup ?

And of course, if you knew these things and knew how it was wired, you could build your own base map to get started.
tav wrote:Except few vr6 turbo, I see no really powerful cars here... just few sluggish n/a ... why nobody tried to run DTA for drag race (but NOT 12-13sec car :)) ..I mean a reasonable project) ?
And if you think that, you arent looking very hard. There are some very very fast vehicles, both 2 wheels and 4 using DTA. Much much faster than your car will ever be ;) No offence mate
Yes Wally, your granada is fast :) . Thanks.

Stevie turbo ... "much faster.." better let to speak about it only the dragstrip cells and the ET ticket... I saw too many cars "so fast" in tales and dyno, but proved to be a shame on the dragstrip ... justify by many scuses and "reasons" ..especially in UK .. where a 500+ bhp fwd car , get a best of... 12.6... =)) ... My car will be ... how fast will be, be sure you'll see.. anyway, I hope a little bit faster than some "very very fast cars" that is just a package of compromises and much much too expensive for their performances... And for sure much much inexpensive . Some tuners is just con artists (in ... they know just how to ask 10x price they paid for some conrods or bolts ...and fool some noob kids ..
My engine has stock crank trigger (and will remain so) , stock all sensors and a GM 3bar map (I'll buy a 4bar one, after first 800km)... no ignition setup for now... My s80 is not wired/installed yet ...
Anyway... I hear about you from one friend of mine, you are good as software tuner ... but maybe, just maybe.. you are too proud of your knowledge ... no offence :)
Wally
Firmware Version: 51

Post by Wally »

Tav - That is not my Granada, it is Stevieturbo's

Wally

Ps - I would applogise to Stevie as I think you will need him more than he needs you!
crash69
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Post by crash69 »

Steve is always there for help and advice even if the questions are somewhat stupid.
He has helped me in the past and I great full for his help.
Sorry tav, U might just end up eating your own words.

This is not a forum to slag, run people down or make comments about their supposed knowledge
turn right.... go fast.... turn right
tav

Post by tav »

crash69 , i'm not english native and my english is very poor , but seems there some people understand just what they like to read ... I didn't slag anybody , just I said my opinion (MY Personal Opinion, obviously subjective !) about one of member from this community ..a Honest opinion, not kisses in some part, just because in the future I'll need of help from that person ! A grown man have to understand situation as is it, not misconstrued as his interest ...:|
Cheers,
ignitionautosport

Post by ignitionautosport »

Keep in mind that not every DTA user come on this forum, so it is not unlikely that no one with a 5cylinder engine is not on here. I personally would love one, as I love the Audi 5cylinder engines, but it is not cost effective to build one my side of the world.
I look forward to seeing more info on your project.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
Bollah
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 71

Post by Bollah »

Tav, see if you can speak to Rob40 over on FCCUK. He is running a 2.4 with DTA, so he might be able to help up out with a base map.