Bloody wideband Help!!!

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Re: Bloody wideband Help!!!

Post by ignitionautosport »

Simon P. wrote:I replaced my LC1 with the NGK AFX with the NTK sensor. Never looked back...
I also did this, recommend it.

LC1's are shit, as you now know.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
pistonbroke
Firmware Version: 63

Post by pistonbroke »

Thanks, this is looking good to me. Any cheap suppliers???
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

As with most stuff these days, egay is usually cheapest. Just make sure you specific the NTK sensor if you want that one

good thread here too

http://efi101.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8283
bofelix
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: roverdose
Firmware Version: 66

Post by bofelix »

Hi,

I have bought a wideband controller at www.breitband-lambda.de

This is German guy has developed this controller. I have bought one of these controllers in order to replace the original narrowband sensor on my 1990s VW Polo by a wideband sensor.
In the Polo together with the VW digijet-ECU it works fine.

The controller has also a 0-5V wideband output, so you can use it for the closed loop. In the fast mode measurement value is updated every 98 ms, so 10 Hz. This must be fast enough for the DTA.

These controllers start from 70 Euro, Bosch LSU4.2 70 Euro, LSU 4.9 90 Euro, as far as I remember.

Just have a look at the homepage. It could be switched to Englisch, German is not so common...! :-)

I have planned to use this controller also on the S60, but I still need some time for my project.....

cheers
Stefan
MarcoV6T
Firmware Version: 58

Post by MarcoV6T »

Honestly, I would not buy a wideband controller from someone who calibrates them with self-made tools a torch and open air. Also if you look at the quality of the pcb board(self made, and soldered), I hope for you it doesn't give you wrong values(in the future due to vibration, aging), and blow up your engine.

Buy one from known companies that have proven themselves, ok maybe a few bucks more, but at the price of what?