Minimum engine RPM for ignition

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
harlequin22
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Re: Minimum engine RPM for ignition

Post by harlequin22 »

Hi everybody,
i took out the flywheel and changed the trigger teeth to massiv steel ones. Then I changed the position of the missing tooth. I really was at approximatly 15-20 degrees ATDC. I guess that was the main reason why the ECU did not see the gap. It always measures the time difference to the previous tooth. According to the gap tooth factor it determines the missing tooth. Since the RPM because of the compression shortly before TDC is a lot lower than directly after the TDC, the time difference between the two regular teeth in the lower RPM sector shortly before TDC and the difference at the missing tooth while accelerating after TDC does not reach the minimum factor 1,35 to find the missing tooth... understandable? ;-)
Well, know the missing tooth is at 90degrees BTDC and is perfectly recognized. The ECU show RPM and the engine runs great. Thanks everybody for the hints and advises!
Toni
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Minimum engine RPM for ignition

Post by stevieturbo »

Good stuff. Always shows that a picture speaks a thousand words too. If you have never posted a pic of the flywheel/trigger, might never have got to the bottom of it.