Search function

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Mucka
ECU Model: No ECU
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 53

Search function

Post by Mucka »

Hi,

I dont know if its possible but could the search function be modified to allow common word searches?

This is the error

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: e48.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."

Thanks
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Re: Search function

Post by Jon K »

Mucka I will look into it.

Thanks,
Jon
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
Mucka
ECU Model: No ECU
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 53

Post by Mucka »

That would be great thanks :)
paulw

Post by paulw »

Mucka wrote:Hi,

I dont know if its possible but could the search function be modified to allow common word searches?

This is the error

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: e48.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."

Thanks
I too find the search function frustrating for the same reason. Jon thanks for looking into it.

Paul
welshpug
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by welshpug »

use google.

i.e: "***** site:dtaforum.com"

however it doesn't seem to bring up many short searches, not a problem I;ve had on other forums.