dta s80 ecu running focus st 2.5 5 cyl engine

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
ac_auto
ECU Model: S80 Pro

dta s80 ecu running focus st 2.5 5 cyl engine

Post by ac_auto »

hi guys, been searching the net trying to find information on this engine but no one seems to have done any transplants with it, i am fitting this into a connect van and due to the complexness of the standard wiring/immob system i would like to go standalone route,

this engine is also found in the volvo t5 , i would like to know if this ecu would be able to control the vvt system on this engine, ive also looked at the emerald specs but it doesnt look like it has an as advanced system for the vvt as the dta, but i am new to all this,

also this engine has a electronic throttle as standard, would i be ok to source a cable operated throttle body and fit this?

thanks!
VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Re: dta s80 ecu running focus st 2.5 5 cyl engine

Post by VR6Turbo »

That engine should be fine with an S80.

DTA also sell a DBW controller.

I ran a VW R32 engine with an S80 & DBW controller. Full sequential with COPs, dual VVT & dual wideband. It ran really well.

The DBW box is £500 unfortunately, but I wanted to use the engine's factory loom (as it's bloody good) and run the engine as VW intended, so a cable throttle conversion wasn't an option for me.