Error - Short on Sensor 5V Wire

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
paul_f
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Error - Short on Sensor 5V Wire

Post by paul_f »

I am helping a friend check over his DTA that came with an engine he bought (already tuned, but second hand). The only problem is I am doing it over the phone.

The DTAwin software says that there is Error - Short on Sensor 5V Wire 1679mV

However it seems to run fine and the MAP and throttle work (50kpa at idle, and 100kpa when he revs it - turbo motor)

The ECU was plugged into another car and it had the same error - anyone had this before?

The next step I think is to check the voltage, but not having seen the engine it is difficult to describe where they should do it

Cheers
Paul
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Error - Short on Sensor 5V Wire

Post by Rob Stevens »

I would start by removing the 5v pin from the ecu connector S40 or even just the sensor connector if the ecu is >S60. if the fault remains its the ecu and needs fixing, if not its a sensor or wiring issue. The sensors will still sort of work but not properly calibrated, don't run it like this. you can check the current 5v voltage in the engine diagnostics section.
paul_f

Post by paul_f »

Thanks for that.
It is most likely it is an ECU error, as the ECU was swapped to another car and the fault remained.
I am surprised the MAP sensor would work at that voltage though
paul_f

Post by paul_f »

Oh and this one is a S40 so will have to pull the pin
paul_f

Post by paul_f »

Emailed Allan who was very helpful.

The 5V rail measures at 5V still, the likely cause is moisture inside the ECU causing it to be read incorrectly as he has seen this a couple of times before.

However as it is at 5V the ECU is still fine to use for now