Sadev SCL82 Splitting pot sensor output

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Steve Tilburn
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: Direct from DTA
Firmware Version: 86.2

Sadev SCL82 Splitting pot sensor output

Post by Steve Tilburn »

Hi All, I have a Sadev SCL82 which has just been rebuilt and fitted with a three wire contactless pot sensor, the car runs an S40Pro which has just been upgraded and the gear position display has been recalibrated to suit the new sensor and works well.
The car previously ran a timed cut using the two wire front sensor but we now want to go closed loop.
Can I simply split the rising voltage from the sensor to the ECU to enable it? I use a split output successfully on my Tractive/DTAS60Pro.
I can get a twin output sensor but if possible I’d like to try this one which Sadev have just fitted knowing we wanted to go closed loop, it would just keep things simple and save a few hundred pounds, What’s the verdict?
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Sadev SCL82 Splitting pot sensor output

Post by stevieturbo »

Generally speaking, there isn't a problem sharing a powered sensors output signal
Steve Tilburn

Post by Steve Tilburn »

Thanks I’ll give it a try and update!
Steve Tilburn

Post by Steve Tilburn »

Located output from Hall effect sensor which fed gear position display and split it to ana3 in ECU, needed to rotate sensor in gearbox to give lowest voltage when gearbox was in reverse, reset gear position display and then captured rising voltages in shift cut screen, all looks good with steady voltages, just need a bit of guidance now on shift cut settings? Sadev gearbox has much less “play” in the shift barrel before gear change begins so settings might need to be quite different to Tractive?
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

That's one for Alex, not something I've ever used on DTA
Steve Tilburn

Post by Steve Tilburn »

Last Question!
When I choose pot to cut and start will it disable the timed cut which used the old sensor or do I need to disconnect?
It looks like I can choose one or the other and not both so I guess it only uses the chosen input?
Steve Tilburn

Post by Steve Tilburn »

Better late than never!
Just to report splitting pot output worked well and both gear position indicator and ECU seem happy with the outputs, see post on tuning tips for further findings!
Thanks to everyone who helped!