Pwm wiring

Wiring best practices and loom building technique
Supertouring
ECU Model: No ECU

Pwm wiring

Post by Supertouring »

Good day to all,

I’m trying to hook up a pwm cwa400 waterpump with a dta T4 ecu, but I cannot see how to wiring is setup.

Me being a Holley guy the pwm is set up different without a ssr, is there someone that can draw me a schedule on paper how to set this wiring loom up, I tried numerous things and I cannot get it to work.

The cwa includes an internal relay.
stevieturbo

Re: Pwm wiring

Post by stevieturbo »

What exactly have you tried ? Looks like it may want a "high" voltage based PWM, as opposed to a ground switching.
So you may need to add a pullup resistor or something......although oddly it says the PWM input is equipped with a pulldown resistor.

https://www.tecomotive.com/en/products/CWA400.html
Supertouring

Post by Supertouring »

stevieturbo wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:39 am What exactly have you tried ? Looks like it may want a "high" voltage based PWM, as opposed to a ground switching.
So you may need to add a pullup resistor or something......although oddly it says the PWM input is equipped with a pulldown resistor.

https://www.tecomotive.com/en/products/CWA400.html

Im running the pwm trough a -pwm with a 5k pull-up resistor.
I have a schedule i will try to post it ( one of my previous projects with another brand ecu worked fine )

No resistor is possible, you need to give a +pwm signal with normal duty cycle tables tried both ways.

( I’m going to rewire it again was my first tought , but if this setup that I have in my mind doesn’t works on this application I should go another way.

Dta says: All that’s required is a spare PWM output, and a solid-state relay. So my question would be
.1 how do I setup up a pwm trough a ssr > wiring diagram.
.2 what ssr relay can I use.
.3 hoping that someone could confirm that my previous setup could work on dta t4
Attachments
af060cae-c9ca-4cde-aa82-8231465c597c.jpeg
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

you've already wired it in that drawing with a pullup resistor as I mentioned. So it would seem it is possible.

So is the pump doing nothing at all ? How are you testing or confirming this ?

When referring to a SSR, that would be just running the pump directly with no onboard PWM, and using an external SSR to carry the variable load, with the SSR PWM'd by the ecu

Not sure how you'd wire that pump for that
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

That EWP does not need an external SSR, as that is built in to the water pump.
Wire it as per that wiring diagram, and it should work.