No Spark

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Crofty
ECU Model: S40 Pro

No Spark

Post by Crofty »

I’m Running a S40 pro ecu on a 4cyl Peugeot engine. I have no spark on 1 & 4. This is not a new install & ran fine last time out. I have replaced the coil pack, tested loom for continuity back to the ECU multi plug.
Have tested pins 13 & 14 back to ground.
I have 12v on the coil pack 12v terminal & with the ignition on I have 12v on the yellow cable (coil2) but only 4v on the white cable (coil1) I assume all the ecu outputs are switched negative, given I have no volts on the white cable this would indicate a closed relay/switch for coil1? I guess these should be open (off) until triggered by the ECU?
A) am I correct in my thinking?
B) is there a quick fix?
Thanks
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: No Spark

Post by stevieturbo »

step 1.

connect to ecu and perform a coil test.

Have you connected to the ecu to see if everything else looks ok there ?

In general, all ecu outputs are ground switched. Yu say you have 4v on the white wire, then you say no volts ? Is it one or both ? In an "off" state, ecu outputs will tend to read close to battery voltage.
In an "on" state, they would generally pull to ground.

If you swap your yellow and white about, do you now get a spark on 1/4, ok ? albeit not on 2/3 ?

I guess it is possible an ecu coil driver has suffered damage.

"quickest" fix is buy another ecu....albeit perhaps not the post practical or cheapest.

You won't have any spare ignition outputs to swap or change to for an easy escape. And changing t a 2 cylinder motor is probably not practical either