E48, no injectors firing when cranking.

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: E48, no injectors firing when cranking.

Post by stevieturbo »

David Ferguson wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:58 pm I think Stevie's thoughts are that there are often some 12V circuits that are disabled during cranking, but active with the engine either stopped or running. You must make sure not to use one of those 12V supplies for injector power (or a fuel pump). This can be a tricky one to catch.
As above, do the tests I've asked.

If you have a scope, even better, scope injector signal, both during test mode, and cranking.
Onebadbugman

Post by Onebadbugman »

Well, crap. I was going to post some screenshots, but I don't have image hosting anywhere.
Dave, power comes from a fuse block. I've checked it every way I can think of. Does it need to be from the ECU for some reason?
Alex, not sure what you're asking. I didn't see anything like that on real time mapping. One strange thing is the data logging is all zeros.

I appreciate the help, guys.
Onebadbugman

Post by Onebadbugman »

Onebadbugman

Post by Onebadbugman »

stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

you are posting screenshots, with no explanation of what those screenshots are supposed to tell.

You have a diagnostic screen with a highest/lowest rpm of zero. That tells me that the ecu since these values were last reset, has not seen the crankshaft turning.

Which would then explain why you have no injector pulse....Yet you said you had rpm during cranking ?

Do the tests I've asked.

And also video that screen when you are cranking.
Onebadbugman

Post by Onebadbugman »

I don't have enough hands to get a screenshot while cranking! I had to make an image posting account, figure out how to save an image on a new laptop that wants to do everything on the Internet. I didn't know if those images would even show. It was just a test.

That said; I did your injector tests multiple times.

Telling me I'm stupid is not helpful, and so far, you have been no help, so please find someone else to argue with and stay out of my thread.
Maybe research Dunning-Kruger effect while you're at it.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

If you are unwilling to accept help from clear instructions, that's on you. Good luck.