Honda b16a1 map

Post maps up for others to get them going in the right direction. DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. CONFIRM VALUES!
liamratcliff12
ECU Model: No ECU

Honda b16a1 map

Post by liamratcliff12 »

Hello, I have a dta fast ecu (E48EXP) running a Honda b16a1 engine in my mini. This was purchased second hand with the engine to go into my mini. The doesn’t start and only fires on 2 cylinders. Looking at the map it doesn’t look right the parameter all look well off.
I was wondering if anyone’s got a map for one they’re willing to send, even if it’s just a base map or something so I can get it started.
Thankyou all
Regards
Liam
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Honda b16a1 map

Post by Rob Stevens »

I assume the engine has never run and the loom came with the ecu and is the right loom.

You need to supply more info on the installation.

1. describe the crank trigger, ie how many teeth it has and any missing?
2. what do you mean by 'parameters all look well off' ?
3. is it using a distributer ?
4. upload the map here so we can have a look at it

I have looked this engine up and it appears to use a distributer based position sensor, the E48 can't use this as an engine speed signal so you need to use an aftermarket tooth wheel and sensor.

Oh and start reading the manual !!!!
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

B16 has two possible triggers I believe, 12 or 24 teeth ?

Although there are actually 3 different triggers inside the dizzy unit.

Ideally, throw a 36-1 on the crank and work from there. Trying to use the dizzy will be more awkward. Also go for a 4 tower coil pack or similar.
liamratcliff12

Post by liamratcliff12 »

Hello, update I spoke to dta and the reading on the ecu suggest a memory chip fault.
I have uploaded a 4 cylinder sample map onto the ecu.
This starts the car up great however cuts out immediately.

It has had the distributor removed, blanked off and using a Ford coil pack with the 32 tooth trigger wheel with 1 tooth missing.

As for the parameter being off, the max revs were minus 3000 200 tooth trigger wheel and later noticed it has 2 stroke mode ticked
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

32-1 is an odd one ?

If it starts up, it may simply need fuel etc adjusted, or you need more/less air