NT Dash Alarms

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
RobS2
ECU Model: S100 Pro

NT Dash Alarms

Post by RobS2 »

I am trying to finish programming an NT Dash and want to display alarms for oil pressure etc.

Should I try to use an Alert banner or a Warning message?

I have tried to suppress Alert Banners when the engine is off, but this doesn’t seem to work when testing using the software.

A more general question - what is the Diagnostic Table and Message Table used for?
RobS2

Re: NT Dash Alarms

Post by RobS2 »

I am also struggling with activating the LEDs through an alarm state. For example I am trying to get LED1 to activate on low oil pressure using the limits set in the data table. The manual states:

LED is active to a certain colour when the data value overreached the alert and warning values of the data.

Choose your Data in the BINDING DATA column and leave BINDING DIAG and BINDING_MSG on OFF.

The Data’s value will active the LED with ALVal (Alarm Low Value), ALHVal (Alarm High Value), WLVal (Warning Low Value) and WHVal (Warning High Value) parameters.

When the linked data in in warning state (high or low), the Led lights up with ColorT1 column value.

When the linked data in in alert state (high or low), the Led lights up with ColorT2 column value.

In addition, if the Value is not in those fields, the chosen COLOR will be the one set in the COLORT0 column.

What does the last sentence mean as I cant get the LED to work using the data table limits but seems to only be able to react to the limits in the LED table.
Allan McD
Distributor: Rob

Re: NT Dash Alarms

Post by Allan McD »

Did you get this sorted ?