P8 Pro Firmware/Hardware Compatibility and Upgrade Questions

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
krissto
ECU Model: No ECU

P8 Pro Firmware/Hardware Compatibility and Upgrade Questions

Post by krissto »

To P8 Pro users out there,
I need to upgrade a P8 Pro to a version later than V29, so that the serial data stream feature is available. The firmware is held in an M27C1024-10F1 40-pin DIL UV EPROM and I have ordered spares in case I need to revert the P8 back to original. I can get hold of an EPROM programmer, UV eraser etc., and have downloaded the V35-3 binary (last ever P8 Firmware release) from the DTA website. So no issues with being able to program the device.

What I do not know is the compatibility of firmware versions with the base hardware. Does anyone have old release notes and maybe compatibility tables showing which F/W works with which H/W part number? The P8 I have has hardware version 2.1.4 on the sticker and currently has V27R for the F/W. Will the latest V35-3 firmware execute correctly on this 2.1.4 P8 Pro? Or am I at a dead end here? If V35-3 is not suitable for 2.1.4, then does anyone have a post-V29 firmware binary that will work?
Thanks in advance,
Chris