S Series CAN .DBC files

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Gadgetman
ECU Model: S80 Pro

S Series CAN .DBC files

Post by Gadgetman »

I don't suppose there is a later S80 Series ecu Can Bus .DBC file than the v79.04 download on the web site, is there?

I could really do with accessing the v86.04 switches stream. The DBC file would be a great timesaver.

I'm using the S80 with an AiM MXP dash, I had started writing a custom AiM driver, and am fine with the data up to the switches point, which are all 16 bits, across 2 bytes, across each data packet.

For the switches, on the 0x2007 packet, I'm assuming each switch is one bit, across the two bytes, hence 16 bits altogether, with only the first 6 bits used?

Bit Function
0 Launch button pressed
1 Launch active
2 Traction On
3 Traction Wet
4 Fuel pump On
5 Fan On

Thus:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XRPCkSxgGNQki31NA
Redseven
Firmware Version: 90.10

Re: S Series CAN .DBC files

Post by Redseven »

Gadgetman,

When I was looking for a later *.dbc file, I looked at the "DTAfast_S_Series_7904.dbc" file with a text editor, looked at the format, looked at the latest published CAN stream pdf, then modified "DTAfast_S_Series_7904.dbc" to create a new file "DTAfast_S_Series_8701.dbc".
I was actually looking to log four wheel speeds into my RT DL1club datalogger, which works as I'd intended.
I'm not actually logging ECU switches, but, as the wheel speed part of my edit has worked, I don't see why the ECU switches part would not.
If you'd like a copy of my modified dbc file PM with an email address.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

V89.00 now on the website
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

Many thanks for the offer Richard, Alex, that's great! new .dbc file downloaded.

Alex, the new .dbc file has two sets of data packet ID ranges, the original 0x2000 - 0x2009 and a new 0x1013 - 0x1029 range - with some really handy new data packets, do both these ranges work with the S80 V89.00 firmware? (fantastic, if so, brilliant work!)
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

No, only the 2000 are for the Standard CAN Stream
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

No problem. Shame though, I liked the idea of popping the maximums up on my dash for T's and P's! (and the rotary pot readouts for the traction control).

I know I'm going to kick myself for asking, but is this enhanced 1000 range data set a T Series thing? (Or going to be).
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

No, they are for something else.
When T Series is more finished then I'll update the CAN stream on the T Series to have more information
Gadgetman

Post by Gadgetman »

:D