Closed loop shifter (H pattern)

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Closed loop shifter

Post by Rob Stevens »

Hmmm, personally I can't see it working too well, the gear positions will be very vague.
You may be better off using one of those H to sequential converters that will give you a rotary pot to work from.
But good to see an idea, best of luck, I think that the voltage going the wrong way for a bit may not bother the ecu as no one thought that would ever happen.
You could probably do a better job with 2 pots somehow?
And where is your push - pull switch going to go so it doesn't introduce a load of slop into the system?
Yeh questions , questions, post a vid once it's running sweet :)
Arno
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 89.00

Post by Arno »

I’m agree with you for the precision. The picture is only for illustration of the starting theory.
I’m working on a more complex linkage between fix and mobile point for deal with positioning tolerance of the gear selector, sensor resolution and rigidity.

The push/pull is finished and mounted on the linkage between the driver selector and the gear selector. (Left to right movement)
The signal is OK both ways in static. I hope to give it a road test soon with a constant cutting time only between G2 and G3.

Now I need a gear sensor at least to have different cutting times by gear and in the best world a closed loop function.

I study double potentiometer in the past and don’t find a solution to have rising voltage on all the range (DTA request).

It will be probably easier if the excellent :D DTA software had an H pattern option. ;)

My pov on the option: After a start by switch, the finish by pot will be only waiting to be in voltage range (with limits fixed by user for each gear) of the upper gear without looking if it is higher or lower than previous voltage.

I think double pot can make the job in this case.
Arno

Post by Arno »

H pattern gear position sensor and shifter tested this morning with this sensor setting ;)
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.22 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
Not able to put the <2Mo zip of video in attachment... http error... see it on this link for interested people.

https://we.tl/t-R8yavTIoIn
Arno

Post by Arno »

First test under load ok. Cutting time is depending to driver gear change speed. (point -2 is a switch sensitivity/max time test)
Capture (2).PNG
Capture (2).PNG (5.59 KiB) Viewed 3480 times

It's now time to look at throttle blip...

Is it possible to use the AUX6 on the S40 according to the manual ? it's look like i'm not able to enable it...