p8pro no spark issue

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
kitcar
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Re: p8pro no spark issue

Post by kitcar »

ive tried it ticking twinspark , still no difference.
Ill measure coilvoltage DURING cranking, I really do have a good battery even on constamt charge and have cleaned main ground . It may be a ground issue anyway but Ill look into that. DTA gets 12V for sure as everything works and no red screen or so.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Or as I already said...we need exact details of the coils you are using and how they are wired.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

And check that cop and sequential are off
kitcar

Post by kitcar »

ok step further now, settings in the unequal firing angels box were set to yes ("unequal firing" and "one coil per plug"). Ive set them to no and coils now do fire at cranking. engine almost starts for half a second but cutsoff immediatly. Checked sparkplugs, black and dry so next step to check injectors for output. I suspect the old petrol hasnt done any good to them.

Its strange the settings have changed as the mapping has not been altered since. I cant check the old map on disc as I overwrote it
Twinspark mode is still off or do I need to set that as well? I guess im now running wasted spark to have spark always.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Yes twin spark on
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Rob Stevens wrote:Yes twin spark on
Again this depends how the coils are wired.

Someone might have wired a pair of coils in series...or they may not.

As for any changes over time etc....was this ever a running setup in your possession to ensure 100% it did run, and nothing has changed since it last run ?

But dry plugs are at least a good sign it just needs more fuel
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Yeh, but why do that when you have 8 ignition drivers, but entirely valid point stevie
kitcar

Post by kitcar »

I have managed to get spark on cranking now. The settings one coil per plug and unequal firing in the unequal firing settings window seem to have changed. There were on yes and after changed to no i had spark.

Ticking twinspark makes no difference.
Car made intentions to start but dont get it running.
Have cleaned injectors all fine. Sparkplugs are cheapones very black. Have ordered bosch platinum ones hope these do the final thing to make it run.

How can the settings above changed on the 2 tickboxes by itself? Anybody seen data change spontaneously in p8pro?
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

I've had the injector angle map spontainiusley add a "-" to 50% of the settings. I have also heard of sequential selecting its self, so it can definitely happen
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

kitcar wrote:I have managed to get spark on cranking now. The settings one coil per plug and unequal firing in the unequal firing settings window seem to have changed. There were on yes and after changed to no i had spark.

Ticking twinspark makes no difference.
Car made intentions to start but dont get it running.
Have cleaned injectors all fine. Sparkplugs are cheapones very black. Have ordered bosch platinum ones hope these do the final thing to make it run.

How can the settings above changed on the 2 tickboxes by itself? Anybody seen data change spontaneously in p8pro?
And as I said before....did you personally have this as a good running setup before it was parked up over that time and know 100% it was never touched ?

I'd rarely ever choose Bosch plugs, and cheap NGK or Denso plugs are perfectly fine, and for an engine you're struggling to get running, I'd far sooner use a cheap copper plug than anything you might foul or flood trying to get it running