Magneti Marelli PF09 TPS help!

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
gigford
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Magneti Marelli PF09 TPS help!

Post by gigford »

Hi,

trying to set the throttle stops with a Magneti Marelli PF09 sensor(Cosworth yb) but run out of ideas...
20190206_211332.jpg
Sensor o/p(middle pin) is connected to pin 34 S60 and the outer ones to 5V and sensor gnd(pin 33).
tpsdrawing.GIF
tpsdrawing.GIF (8.34 KiB) Viewed 9034 times

It shows the throttle is fully open even if i swap the ground/5V:
20190206_211224.jpg
If i open the throttle, the throttle position is keep staying above 1000, the virtual blade does not move at all.

I have two of these sensors one is a new one the other is used, but the results are the same.

If i tick the reverse tps box, the green "current ecu map" switches to red "map not current"

Thanks for any help in advance!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Magneti Marelli PF09 TPS help!

Post by stevieturbo »

It's unlikely both are faulty....so that means most likely your wiring is incorrect.

And initially ignore the throttle position, as that applies after the main/max stops are set.

What does the voltage readout say ? Does it change with position ?
gigford

Post by gigford »

Voltage readout is the same 4995mV, does not change with throttle movement, even if the 5v/ground swapped.
If i disconnect the plug it shows 0mV and the blade jumps back to zero.

Plug disconnected, the measurement shows 5V present between the outher pins. I also did continuity check on all 3 pins to the ecu sensor plug and all ok.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Get your multi meter on to the TPS its self to verify the centre pin is the output, to do this look for ohms on the outer 2 pins you should see something like 2000 and this won't change when you move the device. Then connect the centre pin and one outer to the meter and you should get a variance when you move the device.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

They are not compatible with our ECUs, as they have a logarithmic (possibly exponential, can't remember) output, and some strange input requirements.

You'll need to change them.

On the plus side, if they are known to be working, they sell for a (relative) small fortune as they are no longer made.
gigford

Post by gigford »

Alex DTA wrote:They are not compatible with our ECUs, as they have a logarithmic (possibly exponential, can't remember) output, and some strange input requirements.

You'll need to change them.

On the plus side, if they are known to be working, they sell for a (relative) small fortune as they are no longer made.
Damn...any suggestions what kind of TPS i should look for?
zolalmasi

Post by zolalmasi »

Pf01 not only a pot, but it has a microswitch it. It is standard for 2wd cossies and l6 marelli ecu. but i have never seen red pf09, only pf01. Please give me an email address in private message, because i can't reply to your previos priv message. It says "We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature." but I don't know why...

There are good infos here:
http://www.bigturbo.co.uk/main4.htm
Cpur

Post by Cpur »

2wd you cannot use. use a 4wd tps
the 2wd tps goes to open at idle. this is not ideal for any modern ecu

And as Alex said, the Cosworth Tps is not linear.
However i used it, and it works but if i had to do it all again , i would change to a commonly found tps(linear)

Warren
zolalmasi

Post by zolalmasi »

I am using 2wd tps with other standalone ECU, but turned a bit on the throttle to non switched region. It has oval holes for adjusting.
Bollah
Firmware Version: 71

Post by Bollah »

Maybe have a look at TPS from:

Lancia integrale
Fiat Coupe 16v / 16v turbo

This use the same Weber TPS, but have different part numbers.