P8 Pro

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
MGFMINI
ECU Model: P8 Pro

P8 Pro

Post by MGFMINI »

Good evening,
I am using DTA software for the first time and having a few problems....
I have modified a map I was kindly given for a start point, just getting to grips with settings etc (Time will tell!) however I can edit the map offline, connect to the ECU and open it, then load it and have tested some inputs etc, set the throttle set points and tested the injectors. But when I disconnect from the ECU and go to log in again it says map is different from disc and press save to create one, I notice in the bar at the bottom of the screen that the original map (From last owner, XXX 306 Launch ) is present, I then open my Map from the menu and press 'Load" and it seems to download it to the ECU, I can run the diagnostics screen etc, but if I disconnect from the ECU and reconnect the original map XXX 306 Launch from the last owner is in the bottom bar again....I would expect to see the Map name I down loaded in the bottom bar

I did press save to disc and managed to overwrite my MAP as I stupidly clicked on the file name I was using. but been through and got that sorted out now

Is there a way to erase the memory on the ECU to start fresh? or a sequence to ensure the loaded MAP file is flashed to the ECU

Also I'm guessing that the firmware could probably do with with updating, but no idea how to go about this?

Any help with this will be appreciated, thank you
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: P8 Pro

Post by Rob Stevens »

P8 is no longer supported with firmware (eprom) updates, just check what issue you have, can be found in diag screen I think, the very latest issues were related to idle control which i was not bothered about, perhaps V30 or something like.

There is no need to erase the memory, sounds like you are having trouble loading the map.
Ensure you are connected to the ecu and that it's unlocked.
Then just go to 'Open Map File' and navigate to your file and load it into the ecu. It is probably best to modify files live to the ecu, then save as a new file. It's easier to do than type.
MGFMINI

Post by MGFMINI »

Thanks Rob,
Im using the Map you kindly sent me a couple years ago (a great help) , I have just modified it a little to suit my inputs etc.
Will go out and try again, it just seems odd as I can select the map from the menu, then load it and it sends the necessary and says transferring bytes, that counts down and then can open up diagnostics pages and see in real time. then like I say I can disconnect from ecu, then log back in and it says the original file is loaded.....will try and get some screen shots
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Are you unlocking and locking?
MGFMINI

Post by MGFMINI »

Thanks Rob, Think I sorted it, as no I was not locking or unlocking but tried that and it seems to have now saved the map to the ecu...
I have another little gremlin now as when I tried it first off I could not do anything as it kept saying the engine was running ( when stopped as not even started the engine as yet, so I disconnected the crank sensor and that stopped that and allowed me to log in and out ok. I have tested the injectors and coils with the crank sensor disconnected via the option in the software and all seems to works fine with the exception of the fuel pumps not switching on (I then removed the ecu plug and earthed the fuel pump relay earth pin direct to the chassis and they both switch fine then).
I tested the crank sensor wires back to the ecu and they bell out ok, however when I plug the crank sensor back on the coils are intermittently sparking (with engine not running) as if the sensor is giving an intermittent reading without the engine cranking over, will have to order up a new one to rule that out I guess
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

You need to sort that asap.

disable fuel system before re-attempting anything, as if it was firing sparks, and it thinks there is an rpm....then it should also have energised the fuel pump relay and tried to inject fuel too.
Sparks are no big deal, but you must not have fuel randomly entering the engine...especially when its off !
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

You may need to check inside the ecu to confirm how the crank and cam sensors are configured, as I think you have never used the ecu before. There are 2 jumpers to select if you are using a VR or Hall sensor. Alex should have instructions on the web site.
Other than that I suggest a very careful check that the wiring is as per the diagram.
MGFMINI

Post by MGFMINI »

Screenshot 2020-01-05 at 19.01.48.png
Thanks Guys,
I have no fuel in at present, and pumps isolated with switches.

Looked at the jumper settings documents but is a little confusing and don't want to get this wrong...
The DTA document shows the main connector in a different orientation to what's inside the ecu, also on the document looks like there are jumpers for the cam sensor on the top top row and crank on the bottom row , Also not sure if a rover k series sensor is VR or hall, would you know?
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-01-05 at 18.39.17.png
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

K series crank is VR, cam can be either
MGFMINI

Post by MGFMINI »

Cheers Rob, appreciate that, I have not got cam sensor on engine, only crank and will try Alex regarding if the jumper positions are correct.

Also do you know if the MGTF ABS sensors are VR also? as hoping to use them for un-driven wheel speed input though a Siemens signal conditioner to provide square wave into ecu, only problem is that think they will produce to many pulses as there are 42 teeth...and the input I think takes a max of 30