Does somebody use twin injectors settings?

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Re: Does somebody use twin injectors settings?

Post by lumley32 »

re running diffrent injectors primary and secondary

the flow data of the injectors doesn't matter, its only used for fuel usage. the dead time will be wrong but this is not that important as long as its consistent! you can run it this way, ive done it on something like 10 different bikes!

when i have measured the dead time on bike injectors they have all come out very close to the same!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

lumley32 wrote:re running diffrent injectors primary and secondary

the flow data of the injectors doesn't matter, its only used for fuel usage. the dead time will be wrong but this is not that important as long as its consistent! you can run it this way, ive done it on something like 10 different bikes!

when i have measured the dead time on bike injectors they have all come out very close to the same!

It does matter. DTA will just bring on the extra injectors at the same rate it was using the previous. So if the new set suddenly has 2x the flow, things will not work smoothly.
I wasnt talking about the entry in general data which is pointless. I was talking about the fact there is no provision to tell the ecu the flow disparity between P/S as there is with the likes of Motec, so you cannot use injectors that are different. ( well if you do, it will get strange. IDT is of little real concern as it has such a small effect )

ie, if primaries reach 100% the next 10, 20, 30% simply come from the secondaries. If that subsequent 10% pulse width gives 20% flow, the entire map will be messed up. It simply cannot work
DTA just treats any extra injection time as firing a single large injector, rather than 2 totally independent sets of injectors, which ius why on the fuel map IPW's are allowed to go higher than would normally be expected.
lumley32

Post by lumley32 »

i am well aware of that steve, im not going to carry on after this post, as i think anything after this will be classed as an argument.

as long as you use the blend map correctly and map it properly its not a problem, in fact less than a week ago i set a cbr600rr up like this, not only did it produce more hp then with HRC set up it had far better response then befor and far more drivable, carry on and tell me it dose not work. i have done it, it works perfectly!
Roverdose
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

yeah im sure you could use a different sized 2nd set, but the fuel map would be very odd.
if you set them up to change at a certain prm/tps position then it should be fine, just the map would go flat, maybe less duty at the change over.

getting the right amount of fuel on a blend would be difficalt.

Drew
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Yeah, as Drew says you can do it with odd injectors but the fuel map will look odd. Also if left to auto the injection pules is split evenly across the 2 injectors, its not a case of 100% on the first set then the extra bit onto the 2nd.
lumley32

Post by lumley32 »

By the way I'm not taking about swapping from one to the outher at one point, always use the blend map!
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

I have to use 2 injectors to get the capacity. Even if you set the blend map to 100% I not sure what happens if you then move to 105% duty, I'll ask Allan next time I see him. On the P8 it would split the pulse evenly, not sure about S series.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Rob Stevens wrote:I have to use 2 injectors to get the capacity. Even if you set the blend map to 100% I not sure what happens if you then move to 105% duty, I'll ask Allan next time I see him. On the P8 it would split the pulse evenly, not sure about S series.
Bloody hell! what are you fueling that needs bigger than a 1600 or 2000cc injector?
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Mmmm Methanol but only on 650cc injectors, one up stream for charge cooling, biggest drop in ones I could find. 450bhp 1300 bike engine.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Rob Stevens wrote:I have to use 2 injectors to get the capacity. Even if you set the blend map to 100% I not sure what happens if you then move to 105% duty, I'll ask Allan next time I see him. On the P8 it would split the pulse evenly, not sure about S series.
On my S80, if I set the blend map to 100%, only the secondary injectors operate.

Although Ive never tried values higher than 100%, I just did that to test the other 8 injectors were working properly after re-installing the engine. And glad I did, as 2 had stopped working !

edit...just tried offline. It will not let you enter a value higher than 100%

Although think Ive misunderstood what you just said....if the blend map is 100% and duty exceeds the DTA predetermined level...does it then bring the primaries online ?

Dont know, never tried. I guess it would make sense that it should.