Map2 settings

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
Arm
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Map2 settings

Post by Arm »

Hi quick question. Wish to use map 2 with a small ignition offset. I've setup the switch and can copy across ignition and fuel maps but what other settings do I need to make ?
Thanks
Mr Drew
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Re: Map2 settings

Post by Mr Drew »

You just need to go into other map settings > ALS parameters/map2 > ALS parameters/map2 and select map2/ALS control on and activate when switch on.
Arm
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by Arm »

Thanks
Seems easy and was helped by being able to copy across fuel and ignition map. Tested in garage and appears to switch and still run at idle
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

I wish you could switch or invert the logic between switching map1/map2. Reason being, I use an Aquamist HFS6 water injection system and when the system is functioning normal it closes the output, meaning my "normal" map is Map2.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Just use a relay?
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

or a transistor ?

Or better still....assuming you have spare analogue inputs.

Fit a pressure sensor onto the WI line, and apply any fuel/spark corrections based on line pressure ( flow sensor would be better, but these seem hard to come by in suitable format )

The above is cheap, simple and by nature builds in a failsafe system and doesnt need MAP2 at all, which could maybe be used in a different manner if needed.