can bad battry cause map to change on next stratup?????

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
Antral

Re: can bad battry cause map to change on next stratup?????

Post by Antral »

Yes I agree fully with Rob it would be best to take the power ground directly to the battery ground, I am sure it must be a ground fault somewhere, that pin grounds the case so no you don't need another.

Tony.
Andreas Norway
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: Kl racing

Post by Andreas Norway »

thanks for reply.
so what you mean is that pin 13 to 14 and case pin directly to the battery earth ??
and sensor earth chassis ??

I bought finished wiring loom from MEF Mototsport only for avoiding such mistakes and there are all grounds in one wire so I put it directly in chassis steel and thought it was good enough.

but what you say is that I have to split up the loom and put sensor ground against chassis for themselves ... and pin 13_14 and case pin to battery ground ??

have i got it right? feel really stupid now sorry for all questions.
Living life sideways
Antral

Post by Antral »

Andreas Norway wrote:thanks for reply.
so what you mean is that pin 13 to 14 and case pin directly to the battery earth ??

I bought finished wiring loom from MEF Mototsport only for avoiding such mistakes and there are all grounds in one wire so I put it directly in chassis steel and thought it was good enough.

but what you say is that I have to split up the loom and put sensor ground against chassis for themselves ... and pin 13_14 and case pin to battery ground ??

If you got your loom from MEF Motorsport it will have been made correctly no question, the power grounds will be grouped together and the sensor grounds will go to each appropriate sensor that needs grounding Martin has made many faultless looms in the past. i know him personally.

Tony.
Andreas Norway

Post by Andreas Norway »

Antral wrote:

If you got your loom from MEF Motorsport it will have been made correctly no question, the power grounds will be grouped together and the sensor grounds will go to each appropriate sensor that needs grounding Martin has made many faultless looms in the past. i know him personally.

Tony.
I did buy from him beacause i wanted a god loom..
So if i put the grouped ground to power ground will solve my problem??
Living life sideways
Antral

Post by Antral »

Andreas Norway wrote:
Antral wrote:

Tony.
So if i put the grouped ground to power ground will solve my problem??
I would think he left you one wire with a 6mm ring for your main ( power ground) as that is the standard, this will be the only ground you need to attach on the car chassis or Battery.This may not be causing your problem but needs to be correct anyway.

Tony.
Andreas Norway

Post by Andreas Norway »

have i got it right? feel really stupid now sorry for all questions.[/quote]

Tony.[/quote]

So if i put the grouped ground to power ground will solve my problem??[/quote]

I would think he left you one wire with a 6mm ring for your main ( power ground) as that is the standard, this will be the only ground you need to attach on the car chassis or Battery.This may not be causing your problem but needs to be correct anyway.

Tony.[/quote]

Ok i will try to ground it to power ground and see if itt happens again..
Thanks to all of you guys for answeres.
Living life sideways
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Andreas Norway wrote:
Sensor ground should NEVER connect to vehicle, chassis, battery, engine....or indeed any ground after it has left the ecu connector.

Sensor grounds should run from the ecu to sensors only.
Antral

Post by Antral »

Stevie, I have tried to explain this earlier in this thread I think he is getting very confused with what ground is what, as you know Martin will have made the loom correctly and will only have one ground wire to connect he certainly must not cut into the loom at all no need.

Tony.
katana
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

I think this is a problem of terminology for non geeky guys that don't understand the difference! If I see ground, I expect it to be a ground ie. connected to chassis, engine block or battery neg. If you don't want it connected to 'ground', call it something else like ecu out! Then you'd get ecu volts, ecu out and sensor ecu return for a TPS for example - clear & unambiguous!

I have a similar problem when it comes to logic switches - they are either on or off as far as MY logic understands. Having them go 'high' or go 'low' is absolutely meaningless to me!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Hence why I explained it as clearly as possible

hi/lo switching means whether status is changed via a high voltage or low voltage.

eg a switch could be either 12v triggered...or ground triggered ( and indeed some anywhere in between and beyond lol )

Not too far different from rising or falling edge triggered.