can bad battry cause map to change on next stratup?????

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Re: can bad battry cause map to change on next stratup?????

Post by mefmotorsport »

MarcoV6T wrote:The 4 pin amplified coils I've seen(VW) have a separated ground coming from the secondary coil(HT), which in general, is connected to the head. So you have +12V, amplifier & primary ground, signal and secondary ground.
Ah, yes, that makes sense.
Andreas Norway
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: Kl racing

Post by Andreas Norway »

MarcoV6T wrote:Still, that doesn't explain your problem Andreas, looks like high EMI interference from the coils, maybe a bad coil pack, or still bad ground to the ECU. Do you have long wires to the coil pack?
The longest ht lead is 40cm long
The coil is mounted on the cam cover on the engine if that has something to do whit it?
The ground is directly on powerground on the battery.
Living life sideways
Andreas Norway

Post by Andreas Norway »

What pins on the coil goes on what pins in the s60 still holds me back from testing vag coils to see if the probleme is solved..
You are talking about signal to the coils?? I ment that the signal on my wasted spark coil was to ground the coil to trigger it??
Living life sideways
Andreas Norway

Post by Andreas Norway »

Is this the right way??
Attachments
Signal on the picture is grond by ECU?
Signal on the picture is grond by ECU?
Living life sideways
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

Andreas Norway wrote:What pins on the coil goes on what pins in the s60 still holds me back from testing vag coils to see if the probleme is solved..
You are talking about signal to the coils?? I ment that the signal on my wasted spark coil was to ground the coil to trigger it??
Yes, by "signal" it means the ecu driver output, the same as the one that would normally have driven the coil towards ground. you dont need to take any of those grounds back to the ecu, just ground them anywhere to the engine near the coils themselves.

martin
Andreas Norway

Post by Andreas Norway »

mefmotorsport wrote:
Andreas Norway wrote:What pins on the coil goes on what pins in the s60 still holds me back from testing vag coils to see if the probleme is solved..
Yes, by "signal" it means the ecu driver output, the same as the one that would normally have driven the coil towards ground. you dont need to take any of those grounds back to the ecu, just ground them anywhere to the engine near the coils themselves.

martin
That i know but the the pin that called signal is it the same as the two wires thats triggering my wasted spark coil im using now??
Or is it a another pin in the ecu?
Living life sideways
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

it's the same ecu pin. you need to change the mode of operation in 'general engine settings 1' to 'external amp'
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

As you are on an S60 you can use all 4 coil drivers, one for each new 'coil on plug'
Andreas Norway

Post by Andreas Norway »

Rob Stevens wrote:As you are on an S60 you can use all 4 coil drivers, one for each new 'coil on plug'

Okay thanks guys for all replies and help now im going to test this and see if it helps..
I let you know if it helps or not :D
Living life sideways
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

Rob Stevens wrote:As you are on an S60 you can use all 4 coil drivers, one for each new 'coil on plug'
of course, yes, I see what you mean, you will need to add 2 wires to use all 4 driver outputs. Be very careful to get each output from the ecu to the correct coil as its not entirely clear which one fires which cylinder on the wiring diagram. the ecu outputs are not cylinder outputs but are in the order that the ecu fires them so you have to relate that to your engines firing order.