boost by gear S60pro

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
pule333
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: EFI Parts

boost by gear S60pro

Post by pule333 »

Hi. is it possible? i know s80 supports dual driven wheel sensors that can be used to calculate gear. how would you do it on S60?
cheers
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: boost by gear S60pro

Post by stevieturbo »

In exactly the same way. All you need is a speed reference so it can calculate gear.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

ETA:
Below is wrong. You need driven speed for gear by shaft, not undriven.

All the ECUs can do it. All you need is the undriven wheel speed sensor.
pule333
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: EFI Parts

Post by pule333 »

Alex DTA wrote:All the ECUs can do it. All you need is the undriven wheel speed sensor.
Hi Alex.
that's what I thought but been advised I need a driven speed sensor. or is this mainly for traction control?

I have an undriven speed sensor already attached to ECU. but last time I tried doing gear positioning it wasn't showing anything. must be the settings are wrong.

i also have a speed sensor on my 02m gearbox, reading from the diff. can this be used as well?
thanks.

ps. Thank you Alex for taking the cal feew weeks ago and helping Chris @EFI to troubleshoot the gremlins! back with him on the 8th for final mapping. ideally want boost by gears and flat shift finalised.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

You need to set up the gear ratios but its easy, you will find this in - other map settings/gear by rpm
Best to do this as you drive the car in each gear

If you use the sensor on the gearbox you can't operate launch correctly (other than just rpm limit but no start gear traction posable)
use the undriven sensor you have, s60 only has one wheel speed input
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Rob Stevens wrote:You need to set up the gear ratios but its easy, you will find this in - other map settings/gear by rpm
Best to do this as you drive the car in each gear

If you use the sensor on the gearbox you can't operate launch correctly (other than just rpm limit but no start gear traction posable)
use the undriven sensor you have, s60 only has one wheel speed input
S60 has undriven and driven input, so the gearbox sensor can be used.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

pule333 wrote:
Alex DTA wrote:All the ECUs can do it. All you need is the undriven wheel speed sensor.
Hi Alex.
that's what I thought but been advised I need a driven speed sensor. or is this mainly for traction control?
Driven is only needed for traction, and gear by shaft. Undriven is used for launch and speed, as well as traction, and speed modifiers.
pule333 wrote:I have an undriven speed sensor already attached to ECU. but last time I tried doing gear positioning it wasn't showing anything. must be the settings are wrong.
Make sure the ECU is seeing the signal. Check in Diagnostic Display while turning the wheel.
pule333 wrote:i also have a speed sensor on my 02m gearbox, reading from the diff. can this be used as well?
thanks.
Yes, they are hall effect. I don't remember the number of teeth though, so that will need to be checked.
pule333 wrote:ps. Thank you Alex for taking the cal feew weeks ago and helping Chris @EFI to troubleshoot the gremlins! back with him on the 8th for final mapping. ideally want boost by gears and flat shift finalised.
No problem.