Fuel Pressure sensor

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Turbokart
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Fuel Pressure sensor

Post by Turbokart »

Easy quick one guys, has anyone got a link to a Fuel pressure sensor that works well with a s60 Thanks
SMR
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: DTA

Re: Fuel Pressure sensor

Post by SMR »

I've used the ones on DTA's website shop with good results. Bonus is that SWIN has the calibration curves already there for these sensors.
You can use other sensors - you'll just have to enter a suitable set of calibration numbers.
There are plenty of cheap chinese ones around, but no idea how long these will work before they start leaking though!
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Turbokart wrote:Easy quick one guys, has anyone got a link to a Fuel pressure sensor that works well with a s60 Thanks
If you don't buy the one from our website, make sure whichever one you get is rated for fuel. Many aren't.
Turbokart

Post by Turbokart »

Ok thanks for advice ill grab one of the website

Is it simply to set up? I run 42 psi stock rising on boost so can i set ecu to shut down say 40 psi or lower? Thanks
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

there is no facility to shut ecu down on fuel pressure, there is the option to flag an alarm via the gear change lamp. or you could use one of the aux in/outs to flag its own warning light.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Turbokart wrote:Ok thanks for advice ill grab one of the website

Is it simply to set up? I run 42 psi stock rising on boost so can i set ecu to shut down say 40 psi or lower? Thanks

You could probably use an analogue channel to shut the engine down....but why ? It will go lower than 40psi under vacuum.

There is no proper ecu facility for a safety based on fuel pressure, and at a minimum would need a full 3d table to come close to achieving one. Or a safety based on relative fuel pressure, which it does not have.
katana
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

stevieturbo wrote:

You could probably use an analogue channel to shut the engine down....but why ? It will go lower than 40psi under vacuum.

There is no proper ecu facility for a safety based on fuel pressure, and at a minimum would need a full 3d table to come close to achieving one. Or a safety based on relative fuel pressure, which it does not have.
Surely only if the FPR allows vacuum? Which then you have to map for? Easier to have a fixed FPR with boost reference to maintain constant pressure?

Would it be possible to utilise the Oil Pressure shut down within DTA for the fuel shut down?
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

katana wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:

Surely only if the FPR allows vacuum? Which then you have to map for? Easier to have a fixed FPR with boost reference to maintain constant pressure?

Would it be possible to utilise the Oil Pressure shut down within DTA for the fuel shut down?
A FPR with a boost reference is no longer a fixed FPR then.

And you have to map regardless of what style of FPR setup you use, the typical manifold referenced being the easiest, because it should maintain a constant pressure across the injector....so operating as expected and designed.

Oil pressure again would largely be a fixed "fail" value, or maybe per rpm ?...but then you'd lose the oil pressure safety function

A proper fuel pressure is very easy if the ecu allows you to use FP/MAP, ie relative fuel pressure...which is, or should be that constant. If it deviates beyond desired....you can shut down or reduce power etc.
I'm sure it would be very easy to implement, but DTA does not offer it.

In fact...I've only ever seen Syvecs/Life offer it, which when it is such a simple method, makes you wonder why others do not.
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Yeh, would be easy to just track manifold pressure vs fuel pressure and if the fuel pressure dropped say over 10% to flag an alarm or shut down/limit rpm or something
Turbokart

Post by Turbokart »

Yes Rob that is all i was asking.
My fuel pressure rises on boost. Thats all working as it should. All i was saying what protection is there against the possible failure of loosing fuel presure.
cheers for info