sensor info

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Andy-reid
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:28 pm
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01
Location: Berkshire

Re: sensor info

Post by Andy-reid »

with it running i suppose the i can co a numbers thing and work back with the missing tooth at 58 being 78 deg before tdc and the cam being 25 teeth and each tooth being 6 degrees will redo it with 1 plug in only
Attachments
screen dump at fast.png
1600rpm cam.png
stevieturbo
Posts: 3271
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:08 pm
ECU Model: No ECU
Location: Norn Iron

Re: sensor info

Post by stevieturbo »

Or you can just do what I said and look at diagnostic display where it tells you where it sees the cam tooth edge.

And again....as you do not have a multitooth cam, flywheel mode 0 makes more sense, as you're just a single tooth cam.

mode 26 doesnt make sense based on the description and what you're running.
Andy-reid
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:28 pm
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01
Location: Berkshire

Re: sensor info

Post by Andy-reid »

like this?
stevieturbo wrote:so take a screenshot instead, or a screen capture of it during cranking, and of diagnostic screen
Attachments
1600rpm cam.png
katana
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:08 pm
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Re: sensor info

Post by katana »

How is it cranking at 1400 - 1600+ rpm's - most engines struggle to manage 500rpm - i've never seen a trace on these pages so flat and well defined!
stevieturbo
Posts: 3271
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:08 pm
ECU Model: No ECU
Location: Norn Iron

Re: sensor info

Post by stevieturbo »

Andy-reid wrote:like this?
stevieturbo wrote:so take a screenshot instead, or a screen capture of it during cranking, and of diagnostic screen

And diagnostic screen is nowhere to be seen.......
stevieturbo
Posts: 3271
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:08 pm
ECU Model: No ECU
Location: Norn Iron

Re: sensor info

Post by stevieturbo »

katana wrote:How is it cranking at 1400 - 1600+ rpm's - most engines struggle to manage 500rpm - i've never seen a trace on these pages so flat and well defined!

Presumably his engine is running. But at least it does appear to be showing a cam trigger at it's number "25".
Alex DTA
Posts: 1489
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:03 pm
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: sensor info

Post by Alex DTA »

Andy-reid wrote:with it running i suppose the i can co a numbers thing and work back with the missing tooth at 58 being 78 deg before tdc and the cam being 25 teeth and each tooth being 6 degrees will redo it with 1 plug in only
Correct.
If the crank angle is 78, and the cam sensor on tooth 25 (25 * 6 = 150), the cam angle is either 72 or -288. You can confirm that in the Diagnostics Display.
Andy-reid
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:28 pm
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01
Location: Berkshire

Re: sensor info

Post by Andy-reid »

lol

i never actually noticed that?
katana wrote:How is it cranking at 1400 - 1600+ rpm's - most engines struggle to manage 500rpm - i've never seen a trace on these pages so flat and well defined!
Post Reply