Controlling brake line lock with launch control

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
TRN
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Firmware Version: 89

Controlling brake line lock with launch control

Post by TRN »

Hi guys,

Has anyone used an electric brake line lock together with the launch control system?

In our new car (S100) we'll be implementing the launch control, mostly for accurate startline rpm. The way I've previously wired this up was;
-DTA pin - steering wheel LC pushbutton - clutch pressure switch - ground.
So ECU holds startline rpm while button is pressed, driver aggresively releases clutch pedal, car goes vroom.

Now for our new car we'd also like to incorporate an electric brake line lock valve (anti-roll valve) that temporarily holds brake pressure after having applied the brake pedal. We'd like to prevent the car from rolling and being able to preload the drivetrain (similar to drag racing, but this car will be doing offroad heats with sensor-monitored standing starts).

The low-tech way I've thought of was simply using two clutch switches and a 4-pin pushbutton to simply have a separate wiring loop control the relay for the line lock, but this feels counter-intuitive.
Any way to do this using the DTA?

thank you for any input!
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Re: Controlling brake line lock with launch control

Post by katana »

KISS - sounds about right to me! I assume you aren't required to 'roll into stage' As this would be a pain with connected systems!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Surely a single ground based switch can cover it all ? with relays if you feel the current draw may be too much for the switch ?

But if you wire it all so everything is ground triggered....one ground trigger via a clutch pedal switch would suffice.
TRN
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Firmware Version: 89

Post by TRN »

thanks guys! we'll go with the kiss method ;)