Feature Request thread ( make sticky )

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
troy
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Re: Feature Request thread ( make sticky )

Post by troy »

katana wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:36 am Without sounding obvious - DTA is an 'engine management unit' if you want more sophisticated boost management buy a standalone boost controller?
Part of engine management is boost control. Its not the 1990s or early 2000s. Running a separate boost controller shouldn't be necessary.

If you want a highly configurable ecu with different boost control strategies and math channels etc maybe have a look at a link g4x.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Link would be well down the list of ecu's I'd ever choose. Their software is dreadful.
troy

Post by troy »

I used to think that too, I couldn't get my head around it (and avoided link because of that). But now I've spent a little bit of time on it and set it up how I like it, its really easy.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Nothing to do with getting your head around it. Navigation and use is a nightmare. It's like it's been written by computer gamers, not tuners. And don't even start on their CAN Lambda...it must be the most unreliable device ever. Even worse than Innovate's widebands, which is saying something.

Their ecu's are capable.....it's largely just the software is rubbish.
troy

Post by troy »

Was that g4+ or g4x?

The can lambda was quite picky with its power supply.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Their CAN lambda is a nightmare with any power supply. Their forum is full of threads with problems that Link refuse to acknowledge.

And any ecu, software is the same.