90s system

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Getthegat
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: 90s system

Post by Getthegat »

I deal mainly with carb engines, but my 65 Beetle has Omex system with turbo and draw through using an SU carb. We are in the process of fitting an Emerald system with single throttle body to a 50s Porsche 356 and a mate has DTA on his injected Bug and swears by it. Choices, choices.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

The choices these days are pretty endless.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

stevieturbo wrote: And presumably you have a laptop and the software to make changes....?
This guy does not. I do not....do you know anyone who has ? lol
I don't even have a laptop to run MS-DOS ( although I believe DOS BOX could be used if it still exists....and then there is the serial port issue etc )
I did have an old disc of the DOS software that kicked about for years, but I can only guess I threw it out. Although I think there was a user here not too many years ago did have a copy if Alex doesnt ?
Ironically the software can still be got from Motec's website and MS-DOS software will still run on a modern Windows machine - my laptop uses XP and my PC runs Win7 and both will open the Motec s/ware, even got a pissy little, really old notebook that only runs DOS (but its sooooo slow! LOL! I will eventually upgrade the M8 to a M400 or 48 just to get the wideband / logging that is integrated plus the original maps can be uploaded and converted quite simply - us Ludites have to move with the times.......eventually LOL!
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Getthegat wrote:I deal mainly with carb engines, but my 65 Beetle has Omex system with turbo and draw through using an SU carb. We are in the process of fitting an Emerald system with single throttle body to a 50s Porsche 356 and a mate has DTA on his injected Bug and swears by it. Choices, choices.
Speak to the person who you want to map the ECU, and go with their recommendation.
There's no point getting an ECU that your mapper can't map well.