Idle control

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Jamienapthine
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Idle control

Post by Jamienapthine »

Just fitted a s40 to a Honda b16. It starts and then after a few seconds it starts to rev quickly ie 4000 rpm before I turn it off.
I have reset the TPS several times and have tried changing settings, but it still does the same. Any ideas? I just want to it start, tick over and make sure there are no problems before I get it mapped. Thanks
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Idle control

Post by stevieturbo »

Jamienapthine wrote:Just fitted a s40 to a Honda b16. It starts and then after a few seconds it starts to rev quickly ie 4000 rpm before I turn it off.
I have reset the TPS several times and have tried changing settings, but it still does the same. Any ideas? I just want to it start, tick over and make sure there are no problems before I get it mapped. Thanks

What, if any are you using for idle control ?

But ultimately if it is revving too high, it's getting too much air. So give it less.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

If the engine was running fine on the stock ecu I see no reason to adjust the throttle, perhaps you have a pipe letting air in somewhere?
As Stevie says what idle control do you have?
Jamienapthine
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by Jamienapthine »

Thanks for replies, will have a look at suggestions