Paddle shift and blip problem

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Mazdaman
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: MEF Motorsport

Paddle shift and blip problem

Post by Mazdaman »

I've recently upgraded from an S40 to S100 in order to use the paddle shift facility to run a pneumatic system on my car.

Both up and down shifts work perfectly but the blip does not work at all.

The connections at the blip solenoid are an ignition feed on one pin and the other is connected to Pin 28 on the power plug at the S100.

What I've found is that when I turn on the ignition switch I have 13V on both pins at the solenoid plug when disconected.

Continuity between the solenoid plug and pin 28 is fine and the solenoid itself works fine when I use either the up or down requests to drive it or operate it manually.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be gratefully received.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Paddle shift and blip problem

Post by Alex DTA »

Do the up or down valves work on the blip output?
Mazdaman
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: MEF Motorsport

Re: Paddle shift and blip problem

Post by Mazdaman »

HI Alex,

No -it does not activate either.

Following a lot of trial and error yesterday It did work properly for a period but I put this down to my rectifying another problem I had with it.

There was retained exhaust air in the manifold - enough to create a ghost shift on the blip, but only after the down shift had completed.

Having removed the silencers from the manifold the ghost shifting stopped and the blip worked properly.

However on trying it again today it's now not working again (I've not refitted the silencers)

I'm not sure whether it's relevant but I believe you've seen this particular ECU earlier in the year with a problem - it was sent in by Frank Anderson

Thanks