Dta s60 pro crank error.

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
gsxr2mil
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: creative custom racing Frank
Firmware Version: 79.06

Dta s60 pro crank error.

Post by gsxr2mil »

I have a hayabusa 24-1 crank trigger, and when under load it tends to throw crank errors and when first starting up itll throw some crank errors. Everything is grounded correctly and has a decent 12volt power source, any ideas what could be causing this?
SMR
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: DTA

Re: Dta s60 pro crank error.

Post by SMR »

Try reversing the two wires from the sensor. How many errors are we talking here? Half a dozen or so shouldn't be an issue.
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Yeh, or look for interference
gsxr2mil

Post by gsxr2mil »

I reversed the wires and it does nonthing wont even fire then. But it has say sometimes 24 errors on just startup or more at times, and sometimes starts up and cuts back off
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Hi, I'd have a good look at the crank sensor wire, is it screened ? does it run seperate from the coil and injector wires? do you have all the earths as per the drawing, particularly the ecu main earth back to the battery.
The Hayabusa crank sensors are generally very good so I wouldn't think that is the problem. If you are concerned about the voltage from the alternator, try it with the regulator disconnected, should be fine on the battery alone.
But so long as the crank errors don't rise when running its probably nothing to worry about.
So apart from what you have said does it run ok or does it misfire? You say it 'sometimes starts up and cuts back off' do you mean it stalls? How have you come to the conclusion that this is crank sensor related and not a map issue?
If it misfires, check the reset log in the diagnostic screen, this shows if the ecu has lost power during the last session.
Rob
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

A proper scope trace is invaluable at times like this
gsxr2mil

Post by gsxr2mil »

Thanks everyone I think I've figured the problem out it was a bad rectifier giving feedback I guess, when I unplug it I have no problem at all.