Dta s60 pro lambda sensor

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
gsxr2mil
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: creative custom racing Frank
Firmware Version: 79.06

Dta s60 pro lambda sensor

Post by gsxr2mil »

Hey I currently have a innovate lc2 on my hayabusa and I calibrate it constantly and it's always giving false readings even with a new sensor. Are there any other good brand sensors I can get to wire up to s60 pro so I can feel safe n get accurate readings
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Dta s60 pro lambda sensor

Post by stevieturbo »

And in what respect is it giving false readings ?

And again....details on how the sensor is mounted ?

And the sensor is only one aspect of a wideband unit, you need to use a sensor that is appropriate for the controller.
gsxr2mil

Post by gsxr2mil »

Sensor is mounted in exhuast screen about 15inches from the header. With a 1in bung that was welded in
And I went in the lambda corrections and chose the lc1- setting etc in the parameters.
And itll say the bike it running at 16.5 afr when in reality I know that's not true cause when I add fuel to make it say about 12.5 afr reading itll shut off etc cause it running pig rich and you can smell.the fuel really bad and have to keep hitting the gas to try get it to run
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Of more importance is how far is the sensor from free air.

You say it is 15" from the header....does this mean it is still in a single cylinder tube, or it is after the collector, so reads from all cylinders ?

What is an exhaust screen ?

And never pick random or generic scalings.

Program your LC to flatline output 0v, 1v, 2v, 3v, 4v, 5v, in steps like that, and verify what is being seen at the ecu. Then and only then can you create a known "correct" voltage scaling you can use so you know the LC will correlate to what you see on the DTA.

It sounds like you have no actual display connected to the LC-2 ? At a bare minimum, you'd need to connect the laptop to see what their Logworks is displaying for AFR, rather than relying on their analogue outputs to uncalibrated devices
gsxr2mil

Post by gsxr2mil »

I really dont think you get what I'm saying alex Is the one who told me to choose the lc1 innovate in the lambda parameters, and the sensor is about 20in or more from free air, it's been calibrated over n over many times. & how would i program the LC to flatline output 0v 1v 2v etc thanks.
gsxr2mil

Post by gsxr2mil »

And its mounted down to read all 4 cylinders 4 into one header tube its mounted about 3inches after it gets to the single tube so all 4 cylinders can be read.
katana
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

stevieturbo wrote: Program your LC to flatline output 0v, 1v, 2v, 3v, 4v, 5v, in steps like that, and verify what is being seen at the ecu. Then and only then can you create a known "correct" voltage scaling you can use so you know the LC will correlate to what you see on the DTA.
Whilst i'd agree that ultimately that would be the solution - the OP is only following the software preset options which presumably are calibrated against the instrument options offered?
I think i'd rather tune the fuel and ign on a dyno or get a reliable AFR gauge, than try and get the ECU to 'autotune' via closed loop and logging? Until the maps are fairly close I wouldn't use wideband at all and not below 1500rpm and with engine pretty well warmed up ie over 50-60 deg C ?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

gsxr2mil wrote:I really dont think you get what I'm saying alex Is the one who told me to choose the lc1 innovate in the lambda parameters, and the sensor is about 20in or more from free air, it's been calibrated over n over many times. & how would i program the LC to flatline output 0v 1v 2v etc thanks.
By reading the instructions ? page 9

https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/sup ... Manual.pdf

or page 7/8

https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/sup ... Manual.pdf
katana wrote:
stevieturbo wrote: Program your LC to flatline output 0v, 1v, 2v, 3v, 4v, 5v, in steps like that, and verify what is being seen at the ecu. Then and only then can you create a known "correct" voltage scaling you can use so you know the LC will correlate to what you see on the DTA.
Whilst i'd agree that ultimately that would be the solution - the OP is only following the software preset options which presumably are calibrated against the instrument options offered?
I think i'd rather tune the fuel and ign on a dyno or get a reliable AFR gauge, than try and get the ECU to 'autotune' via closed loop and logging? Until the maps are fairly close I wouldn't use wideband at all and not below 1500rpm and with engine pretty well warmed up ie over 50-60 deg C ?
If he was having no issues, then he could make the assumption that everything is programmed correctly, and any wiring has not introduced large voltage offsets the Innovate stuff is well known for.

Except he is having lots of issues...hence he needs to read AFR's correctly via the Logworks software or a proper display, not relying on those programmable analogue outputs, or he needs to confirm the analogue outputs are behaving as expected.
Lets face it, the analogue outputs are well known for spurious readings, and maybe he's connected to the wrong one, or it has already been programmed incorrectly compared to what DTA is expecting from their menus.
It only takes a very brief time to compare and calibrate correctly.

20in from free air in a smallish diameter exhaust should be fine with little risk of air contamination at idle. And I would not be using closed loop anything for fueling until base mapping is at least sensible and close.....and it'd be impossible to do so if the wideband is not being used correctly or working correctly. So confirm that first