Help getting started

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Tim
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Re: Help getting started

Post by Tim »

I took some fuel out of it last night and tried again, but it's clear the battery is fighting a losing battle. I've put it on charge, and will try again. The battery is a good few years old and hasn't been used properly for 18 months so we'll see how it fairs.

Trying to do the simple things first. If the charge proves fruitless I'll invest in a booster and/or new battery (they're priced similarly).

If all else fails I'll start to look at crank/cam angles. That will be a walk into the unknown for me, so I'll be back to ask for advice on that if it comes to it.

Thanks a lot for your help so far everyone.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

If you want a hand with cam angles, remove all the spark plugs except cylinder 1, then send me the scope trace.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Thanks Alex, I'll do that if needed.
Tim

Post by Tim »

[youtube][/youtube]

Got it running. On wasted spark, but after the hours I've spent trying to get it started I'm taking this as a victory.

Alex has been a lot of help, so thanks to him. I'm away for a couple of weeks now, hopefully get the sequential stuff figured out upon my return.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Holy thread resurrection.

For anyone with a similar engine setup who's using this base map.

Just make sure you have your cam sensor pinned to G2 and not G1.. doh.