Innovate LM2 input

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
pianoman
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Innovate LM2 input

Post by pianoman »

Hello all,
Ive fitted a LM2 wide band and connected it to my S80 everything is pretty new and the 4.9 is calibrated correctly at 20.9.
when the engine is running ticking over at 1200 rpm and hot the innovate screen is showing 0.83 lambda but the dta laptop screen is showing 0.91. i havent altered the 20 row table in the lambda parameters yet, but it is the table for the older Innovate LM1.

Also i put a calibrated 4gas up the exhaust pipe and it showed 0.91 same as the dta
screen
This is all fitted to a virtually standard engine that runs really smoothly while i just get used to using the software.
Anyone got any ideas why i have this discrepancy in the numbers

Any help with this
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Innovate LM2 input

Post by Rob Stevens »

Weard, if you put it through a pro test and the DTA is spot on I don't know what. If it was the other way round I'd suggest a voltage offset of some sort.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

The LM2 on screen display is what should be considered accurate as far as that unit is concerned. ( Whether it is accurate compared to a gas analyser is another matter, but bare in mind the two are not really measuring or calculating the same thing. Innovate will calculate a lambda value, rather than actually measuring it like a gas analyser will )

As it's analogue outputs are programmable and also subject to wiring and voltage issues....you cannot consider the DTA reading to be accurate until you have actually verified the LM2 out voltage, corresponds with what is seen at the DTA, and a suitable scaling created to match.

ie, flatline the LM2 output at various voltages to see what you read at the ecu. And go from there

The reading at DTA is not spot on, all it sees is an analogue voltage so hasnt any clue what is happening at the sensor or exhaust, other than what you have programmed the LM2 to tell it, and configured the DTA to read from that input.
pianoman
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by pianoman »

You think i should take the LM2 screen as correct
So i need to customize the 20 row table in the Dta lambda parameters window to
synchronize with the read at the LM2 screen
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

I would take a proper gas analyser as correct, as it will give you all the information regarding exhaust content.

A wideband lambda can give you an estimate of AFR based on what it sees, but as it is not measuring all the gases, it can make mistakes as it doesnt know the difference between exhaust leaks, misfires, whatever.

And yes, of course you must ensure what the LM2 is sending out, is confirmed as correct when it is received at the DTA. Same with any sensor.