Base map wanted Lotus 912

Post maps up for others to get them going in the right direction. DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. CONFIRM VALUES!
annteak
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: Lotusbits

Base map wanted Lotus 912

Post by annteak »

Hi I have the S40Pro ECU and its all new to me !

I believe its a 36 pin wheel (it has 35 teeth and one missing)

TDC is marked 4 teeth away from the missing tooth, so do I set it as 4 teeth to TDC or 5 Teeth (to account for the missing tooth)?

Otherwise once I have that set up I think I should be good to start it, but I have no map so can anyone offer one?
SMR
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: DTA

Re: Base map wanted Lotus 912

Post by SMR »

Have a look in the manual; there's a useful picture showing trigger wheel and how to work out where the sensor is in relation to TDC.
annteak

Post by annteak »

okay worked out I have a 36 pin wheel, but not what all the other settings are about.... would be great if a base map existed, then I would be half way there :D

Base map still wanted
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

The zetec map will most likely get you running once you have set up the crank sensor position.
annteak

Post by annteak »

Okay so you are talking to stupid here:

<quote>the Zetec map will most likely get you running....>/quote>

What zebec map is that then? cannot see anything attached anywhere.
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

It's one of the maps provided in the software package
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

annteak wrote:Okay so you are talking to stupid here:

<quote>the Zetec map will most likely get you running....>/quote>

What zebec map is that then? cannot see anything attached anywhere.
I think you best get a copy of the DTA manual - and read it, and then read it again! The Zetec 2.0L map file will be about as close to a 'universal' starter map as you are likely to get - it won't be correct but once you understand what all the 'bells & whistles' in the software do you can adjust it more to suit what you are trying to run, then say it as say, 912.map then you can revise it and save it to your heart's content.
Last edited by katana on Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annteak

Post by annteak »

Rob, cheers I think I may have found by error more than trial where maps are... sorry total newbie at this , will speak to you soon as per PM.
rjwooll
Firmware Version: 75

Post by rjwooll »

Annteak, I have a Lotus 912 with DTA S40. You are welcome to have my map. Without knowing more about your engine, it's difficult to know how good mine would be; I recently spoke with someone with a S2 Esprit with a 912 engine and we concluded he'd be better off going to a rolling road. Things like throttle body and injector sizes may well differ.

As others on here have advised me in the past, as a minimum you should fit a wideband lambda if you are going to do any tuning yourself.

Richard
annteak

Post by annteak »

rjwooll wrote:Annteak, I have a Lotus 912 with DTA S40. You are welcome to have my map. Without knowing more about your engine, it's difficult to know how good mine would be; I recently spoke with someone with a S2 Esprit with a 912 engine and we concluded he'd be better off going to a rolling road. Things like throttle body and injector sizes may well differ.

As others on here have advised me in the past, as a minimum you should fit a wideband lambda if you are going to do any tuning yourself.

Richard
Hi Richard,

its booked into Northampton Motorsport who are going to do the rolling road tuning / mapping session end of November, (so lambda passion fitted to exhaust and they use there sensors), but in the mean time I wanted to get it started so I can check for leaks etc... also move the car around a bit to check clutch gears axles etc. Nothing worse than going 50 miles on a trailer to a tune session and the clutch slips or the engine has a leak etc!

So a copy of you Map would be welcome to get me started if nothing else :)

Not sure what I can tell you about it other than its now in the front of a Vauxhall Viva GT, all very tight down the bottom for things like crank sensors.

here is the engine in the car
WP_20190528_16_37_40_Pro-1024x577.jpg
And here is the car itself, as of May 2019, nothing changed since then other than loads of little jobs to get me to the stage where I need to think about Maps.
121323121_10222372938485236_5286896836986598500_o.jpg