toyota caldina gt4 some help

Document your project with images, pictures, etc., and share with others.
nikfruit
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 71

Re: toyota caldina gt4 some help

Post by nikfruit »

In diagnostic display the cam tooth/angle is 3.
So ..
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Damn that picture is small.

I'm going to guess crank reference angle for general engine settings somewhere around 210-220deg. When running you need to verify this with a timing light to ensure timing is accurate.

And I think that would place the cam sensor position for sequential settings around -160 to -180

If you switch to batch fire/sequential and get the engine running on crank only, you can then watch for the cam sensor position on diagnostic screen. When cranking it only seems to give approximate tooth position. When the engine is running it will display an actual angle.

Cyl 1 looks to be about 22-24 teeth after the missing tooth, hence the 220deg guess.

Cam looks to be 8 teeth before this, so maybe somewhere -170deg before cyl TDC

Cam angle doesnt really need to be very specific though to allow the engine to run, as on a 4 cyl engine firing events are 180 degrees apart so there is a fairly large margin for error here.

But crank angle is easy to verify even at cranking speeds with a timing light.
nikfruit
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 71

Post by nikfruit »

today i fill up the settings like above and i choose the ready from dta map toyota 2zz with some changes.
the engine feels good to start but us i see after the selected rpm for sequential run, the engine suddenly stop.
i try to close coil per plug function and the engine run without stopping ,but unstable...
Also i noticed that in menu, display and test functions ,to match cam sensor errors.i change the polarity of cam sensor and the result was the same.the second thing that puzzled me is when i activate function ext coil amps the ecu goings warm up,is that normally? i put this ecu directly to another car using s80 to test it for damage but seems working perfect.
I am using the oem toyota 4 pin coils with internal ignitor wired like pin1.earth pin.2. ign triggor on dta firing order. pin3 ignition feedback on oem ecu i earth them on cylhead. and pin 4 +12v
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Make the engine run batch fire first, non ssequential. You may need to enable twin spark so all 4 cylinders fire.

Check the missing tooth angle with a timing light and ensure it is correct.

Read the cam sensor position in diagnostic screen and enter this value into the sequential table.

With those basic setup checks done, you should be able to enable sequential for both injection and sparks.

The ecu will heat up a little with "external amps" checked. It should not be excessive though.

If you choose the wrong settings here, you can damage the coils ( and I guess maybe the ecu too )

No idea what a Caldina GT4 is, but it doesnt sound anything like the 3SGTE GT4's

Does your car use the 2ZZ engine ?
chiper
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 67

Post by chiper »

Caldina gt4 uses 3sgte but no distributor. It has crank sensor and teeth on bottom crank sprocket. It's very similar to st205 but called st215. I had caldina block in my st205 gt4 until it cracked but I use front pully teeth wheel on s60