Fiat Punto GT

Document your project with images, pictures, etc., and share with others.
Page
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: Local Dealer GR
Firmware Version: 62

Re: Fiat Punto GT

Post by Page »

stevieturbo wrote:If the engine runs, you can log, it is always logging....dont understand why you say you cant log ?

In theory yes, you could adjust the main table 50kpa -50% etc etc and that should be the same thing. Then set compensations to zero.

I would agree about injecting against a closed valve, that does seem to be the opinion of what is best. Not sure what actual number this is on the DTA though, or where they reference zero to. Most likely TDC Cyl 1 ?

Just open the throttle blade with the adjustment screw ? Or bend the closed stop a little.

I see no reason to be dropping idle timing much lower than 8-9 deg anyway.

As you lean the mixture from 13.2, idle speed will likely drop anyway
Stevie can i make a dumb question ,
How the electronic unit understand that the engine is running?
Is it the " transition from cranking " from General Engine Settings table ?
Because you insist that if engine is running, then ECU can Log, the running engine .

Ok , i wanted a simple confirmation, i 'll put the theory into practice .

I belive so but better I'll ask Alan About it.

As you lean the mixture from 13.2, idle speed will likely drop anyway
For sure, this is going to be but i'll let more air to get into the engine and gain back the idle .

Nop, there is nothing to bend as it is a solid block of aluminium .
The only, i think for me to do is to drill the closed throttle stop and place a bolt 'n nut pusching the throttle .
Of course i have to relearn of throttle stops in ecu and all function related to throttle and every time after .
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

OK...in it's most basic form...if the crank is turning, the ecu is powered up and the ecu sees the crank turning. It will be logging.

The alloy body may not bend, but the steel throttle stop will. It would be very unusual for a throttle to "stop" using the blade. There is almost always an external stop on the cam/linkage.
But yes an adjustable screw would be best and should be easy enough to achieve on most throttles

You dont need to relearn. You currently have closed and open, which are 0% and 100%

All you need to do if you open the throttle slightly, is reset any parameters looking for closed position. ie idle control and lambda control settings. Just set them higher than the "new" closed value. You do not need to relearn though.

Reading through it today, injection timing, 0 refers to TDC firing stroke. So it almost looks like to achieve an end of injection time around the time of the intake valve opening...you'd nearly need to have that value close to -360.
Page

Post by Page »

stevieturbo wrote: Reading through it today, injection timing, 0 refers to TDC firing stroke. So it almost looks like to achieve an end of injection time around the time of the intake valve opening...you'd nearly need to have that value close to -360.
Oh thanks mate i'll try this starting from -359 and post my coments
Page

Post by Page »

Update !

No matter what you say, but guys, really can't work without compensations.
Please believe me, i tried hard but maybe is those big numbers, maybe the resolution is to much for me . I can't work this way .
I found my self doing more maths than working on the map, taking me a short of time to react. It isn't me !

either way, by adding or subtracting the percentage of compensations table to the main map is almost the same thing.
Really minor things to fine tune of having the same result as before.
Where mainly have to do with the scaling .
Meaning, that to some points you have nothing to do and to other points have to make little more or little less .

The theory was proved in fact alomost 100%

Especially now i'm taking the advantages of this table to set as blanket an entire column

So for my testings with sequential injection is,
Really the engine feels and working smoothly.
Seems like an OEM. I believe that if i had a narrower exhaust pipings and more like oem silencers and the same thing to inlet than the HKS super flow inducton cone that i've put, would be snoring like the original engine .

But working on the injection angle map, where even I do not understand or have not found a way to know yet, if by putting a negative numbers, the injection go further than the TDC ( to BTDC) or deviating from it , all i know is that by setting negative numbers i have to rise the fuel on main fuel map . Sure is bad for consumption.
From some point and on, the engine does not change its state , If i can understand correct, just consumes more petrol. For sure something must be going on as i see the pyrometer going low and maybe vibrate little more.
I belive that this needs a balance between good working state and consumption and emmissions .
All these on idle and little further without significant load .

On higher revs with load or in wot is purely of how you like of exploiting the fuel . You could not make any conclusion by watching at the pyrometer or by trying to fell engine vibrations. There are to many variables.
But for sure from a point and on, positive higher numbers on injection angle map, make the engine consume less petrol with same AFR .
i really belive that is best to find the point of having less fuel numbers on main fuel map with the same AFR on part load , load or wot . (Ok on WoT maybe better of watching the pyrometer ) .

Tuning the engine have not finished yet. I will trying and writing my conclusions.

thanks .
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Only way I can suggest for injection timing.

Maintain a steady load on the engine
Tune so the AFR's on the wideband display richest. ( do not change the actual fuel pulse widths though. Only the injection timing )

it isnt something Ive played with much though, so it will just be trial and error.

But some might say that when they are richest, it is the most efficient use of the fuel being injected. Whether it's the reality or not I dont know
Page

Post by Page »

LOL ... I forgot exhaust valves ! ! !
anyway,
why not to put +356 deg that would be dead on where intake valves start to open ?

Intake start 4 deg BTDC and Exhaust close 2 deg ATDC.

I'll try few things more Stevie . i agree that this is a trial and error situation .
course will post my experiences with these tests.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Not really sure if +360 is the same thing. I guess in a way it is though.

Page

Post by Page »

i took your image if you don't mind and made few changes .
(so other people, understand what we are talking about )

This is the perspective of how DTA working

So, all i say why not take the red way and just leave to 0 deg at idle area and
20 deg at part load and 45 deg or more at WOT ?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

take the red away ?
Page

Post by Page »

Hi Guys,

You will be updated soon with my comments to the subject of the injection angle .

Currently I work on the bosch 3 wire idle valve, that giving me hard time ... For sure !

Next step is to work on Lambda and i'd like to ask you if you know, that on the pre settings of Voltage scale on Lambda parameters as ECU called, bosch 4 wires, are for Narrow band lambda ?
It starts from 0,578 up to 1,088 so this must be it , but just to be sure .
* I use Bosch 0258 003 579

Thanks