Supercharged V8 Trike

Document your project with images, pictures, etc., and share with others.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Supercharged V8 Trike

Post by ignitionautosport »

Yep, thread title is correct :D

It has an S80 running a Toyota 1UZ, with a 6/71 blower on top. The bug catcher is sealed and modified for use as a throttle body (only the inside butterfly flows into the blower, outside 2 are only for looks).
I uses the factory crank and cam sensors, which are at the minimum 12 crank teeth for the DTA. Converted to coil-on-plug and larger injectors naturally.

Here is a video I see the shop has uploaded, I don't know who the cameraman is so don't blame me for the shaking!

MSEL played no small part in making this happen, with parts and fabricating the engine harness due to time constraints, while I finished off the body wiring to make it run and created the base map so we could start and run it.

For more detail on the Trike project, you can go to the shop's website here: http://www.normanbycustomfabrications.c ... ercharged/
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Supercharged V8 Trike

Post by stevieturbo »

Crazy project ! Get some slicks out back and see if it can wheelie lol
Roverdose
Distributor: Roverdose

Post by Roverdose »

sounds great, is the exhaust going to melt the rears?

Drew
ignitionautosport

Nah it turns outwards enough. They actually are really thin custom made muwellfflers, Colin the fabricator is one clever dude.

And I'm fairly sure you wouldn't lift the front, it's fairly substantial! - compared to the weight on the rear at least.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
MSEL
Firmware Version: 78

Post by MSEL »

Well done - I was wondering how this project was going after we supplied the wiring loom and all the various parts.

The Ford coils don't look out of place on the Toyota.
ignitionautosport

Yep it all works extremely well together! I am assuming it is still running my "best guess" start-up map, with which I left them instructions not to load it up as all we had done was idle and free rev at that stage...
Talked to them last week and at the moment they are happy with the stage it is at, they have some other things to go on with for now. Will post updates when we get it on the dyno.