vw notchback

Document your project with images, pictures, etc., and share with others.
Boardpaul
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 60

Re: vw variant

Post by Boardpaul »

Are you using the controller for extra control? Does the ecu not have enough functionality?
dannyboy

Post by dannyboy »

no s40 does not control nitrous .the progressive controller i use (cold fusion) allows me to adjust the amount of nitrous on startline and build time
Boardpaul
Firmware Version: 60

Post by Boardpaul »

Cheers Danny, I had been reading this
http://www.dtafast.co.uk/download_files ... 0Setup.pdf
But I see you can't build delay in.
I was hoping using a full throttle switch and then altering the RPM section to ramp it in as I got going.
I just don't want the full hit off the line.
Problem being I don't know what my launch rpm will be yet.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

I know they are a bit antiquated but wet nitrous kits are pretty fool proof and their controllers are very clever and designed for the application. Nothing against EFI modules controlling additional fuelling - as they are designed to do - but matching that to nitrous flow is tricky and get it wrong even slightly and a lean condition melts things real quick!. I'd stick with a standalone nitrous controller - DTA for fuel and ignition, Nitrous progressive for gas injection = horses for courses.
dannyboy

Post by dannyboy »

yeah thats my thinking basically if the basic controller will take care of start % and ramp time .and ecu will switch it on at wot and at a set rpm then thats all you should need for a good nitrous setup .i use a bosch 044 for both motor and nitrous wet kit
dannyboy

Re: vw notchback

Post by dannyboy »

getting there slowly....
Attachments
17453364_10154437881277844_1024226734_o.jpg
dannyboy

Post by dannyboy »

car is out on track now and running ok still having trouble getting it off the line without bogging but thats driver error and setup so all good best run so far is 9.95@139.7mph
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Are you using a line lock and two step limiter? If so (subject to what nitrous controller you are using) it should be easy enough to dial in a start percentage and time ramp to 100% flow all activated from either clutch or line lock switch? With the bikes we used to launch WOT but 2 step limitted at about 5500 which was the just below the bite point on the auto clutch - system armed in pre-stage, one button for limiter and NOS activation, then keep hitting the shifter!
dannyboy

Post by dannyboy »

I'm using the s40 2 step on the clutch pedal and same microswitch triggers nitrous when released .its all good but i have a lot of tyre and the chassis hooks up really well so its a case of getting the bite point /2 step and clutch management to work in harmony .i ran 9.95 sunday with 60 foot of wheel spin so theres plenty left in it yet.... :twisted:
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Is launch control an option? You just need an undriven wheel speed sensor.